Child care help available for Rowan County residents
SALISBURY — The Rowan County Department of Social Services is accepting applications for subsidized child care for Rowan County residents. There is currently no waiting list for the program.
This program allows families to continue to work or attend class while receiving quality child care for their children. Parents will pay a portion of the costs of child care, determined by their gross monthly income.
Here are the requirements of the program:
• Must be employed or enrolled in school (GED classes, college classes or high school. This does not include graduate programs)
• Children must be 12 or younger.
• Must be a Rowan County resident
• Special needs children are potentially eligible but parents must still meet the income requirements
• Child must attend a licensed child care center or child care home in order for DSS to make a payment.
• Must meet these guidelines for gross monthly income, by family size:
Please contact Linda Hicks at 704-216-8369 to schedule an appointment.
SPENCER — Together, Porky’s III barbecue and the standalone Family Dollar planned for the former Park Plaza will mark Spencer’s... read more