Tips for what to do in a power outage
STATESVILLE — With snow accumulation in the forecast for much of Energy United’s 19-county service area, the company offers a reminder to be prepared for winter weather and potential power outages by heeding the following tips:
• Keep nonperishable, easily prepared foods on hand and don’t forget the manual can opener.
• Stock up on batteries, flashlights, candles and matches.
• Keep a battery operated radio nearby and make sure it has working batteries.
• Never bring grills or propane/kerosene heaters indoors.
• Follow your generator’s safety instructions carefully.
Should an outage occur, Energy United members can call the automated outage reporting line at 800-386-4833 or go to www.energyunited.com and click “report an outage.”
Stay away from downed or sparking power lines and report any that you may see to your local electric company immediately.
SALISBURY — Every month, members of the Rowan Amateur Radio Society, plus anybody else who wants to go along for... read more