• Lake Norman Regional Medical Center diabetes support group, noon-1 p.m., Charles Mack Citizens Center, Mooresville, 704-660-4859.
• Smart Start Rowan board/executive committee, noon, Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road.
• Salisbury-Rowan Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Yadkin Riverkeeper reception and annual meeting, 5:30 p.m., followed by public forum. Catawba College Center for the Environment, 2300 W. Innes St. Dean Naujoks, 336-837-7669.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m. at the train station, 201 S. Main St.
• DAV Chapter 96, 6 p.m., Bldg. 6 of Salisbury VA. Meal provided for $7 by the DAV Ladies Auxiliary, starting at 5 p.m.
• Psi Chi Chapter of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, 6:30 p.m., Rowan Public Library headquarters. 704-639-9936.
• Olde Rowan Fiber Guild, 6:30 p.m., Rufty-Holmes Senior Center.
• ?Diseases of the Lung, 12:15 p.m., Spencer Presbyterian Faith Community Health Ministry hosts Dr. David Smith; lunch provided by Wanda Smith. RSVP to Dot Landis 704-636-9352.
• Rowan County Board of Social Services, 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association, 6:30 p.m., Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle. 704-463-0111, email@example.com, www.uwharriecba.org
• Planning Board regular meeting, 4 p.m., City Council Chambers, 217 S. Main St.
• Book Bites Book Club, 6:30 p.m.,South Rowan Public Library, 920 Kimball Road, China Grove.
• Bluegrass jam, 7-9 p.m., open to acoustic musicians, E.H. Montgomery General Store, Gold Hill, 704-267-9439.
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
• Annual Black History Exhibit opens at Rowan Museum, 1 p.m., “Past Living Stones of Our Community” features Livingstone College alumni who were leaders in our community.
• Listings based on last best information received. Confirm events before attending.
• Find local arts & entertainment events in the Jan. 23 Time Out on page 4D or online at www.salisburypost.com [choose Entertainment>Time Out>Roundabout What’s Happening Jan. 23-29]