• Cancelled: Zoning Board of Adjustment meeting; there were no requests submitted for the hearing. Next scheduled meeting is Feb. 10.
• Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education work session, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer.
• Kannapolis Board of Education, 5 p.m., KCS Administrative Offices, 100 Denver St.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m., Train Station, 201 S. Main St.
• Multiple Sclerosis self-help support group, 6:30 p.m. J.F. Hurley YMCA, Jake Alexander Blvd. 704-798-3341, scotton1@ windstream.net
• Rockwell Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 202 E. Main St., Rockwell.
• Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy support group, 7 p.m., RRMC cafeteria conference room, 704-637-1021.
• Chapter 909 of the Vietnam Veterans of America, Concord, for all Vietnam Veterans and Vietnam Era and spouses. 7 p.m., Cabarrus Senior Center, 331 Corban Ave. SE. 704-932-5544, 704-782-6793.
• Rowan County Beekeepers Association, 7 p.m., Rowan County Agricultural Center, Old Concord Road, Rowan beekeepersassociation @gmail.com
• Alzheimer’s Family support group, two-part meetings: 5-5:45 p.m. workshop/education; 6-7 p.m. care and share support. Held at Trinity Oaks, 704-603-2756.
• Rowan Museum closed for exhibit transition.
• Outlook Readers book discussion group of AAUW, 10:30 a.m. Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road. 704-636-6082, http://salisbury-nc.aauw.net
• Salisbury Planning Board, 4 p.m., Council Chambers, City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• Rowan County Board of Health, 6:30 p.m., Rowan County Health Dept. community room, 1811 E. Innes St.
• RCHSA Home School support meeting, 7 p.m. , High Rock Church on Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Rowan Republicans, 7 p.m., County Commissioners’ Room, Admin. Bldg. 130 West. Innes St., for all registered Republicans. John Leatherman 704-637-0775.
• Faith Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 100 N. Main St., Faith.
• Spencer Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Spencer Municipal Building, 600 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer.
• Rowan History Club, 7 p.m., “Meeting Superman,” Messinger Room, 202 N. Main St., rear entrance.
• Rowan Museum Board of Trustees, 4 p.m., 202 N. Main St.
• TLC Support Group for widows/widowers, Powles Funeral Home, 913 West Main St., Rockwell. Russ Roakes 704-279-7241.
• Technical Review Committee for the City of Salisbury, 9 a.m., Plaza seminar room, 100 West Innes St.
• Salisbury Rowan Human Relations Council, 5:30 p.m., City Office Building, 132 N. Main St., 2nd Floor, 704-638-5217, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.srhrc.org
• Eureka Lodge #45, 7 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road. 704-636-3267 or 7040-798-2032.
• Andrew Jackson Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 8989, 7 p.m., 2500 N. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis, Mike Golembiowski Commander, 704-933-6186.
• Bluegrass jam, 7-9 p.m., open to acoustic musicians, E H Montgomery General Store, Gold Hill, 704-267-9439.
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30-10 a.m., Rotary Hall Kannapolis, 211 West Ave.
• Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Salisbury Alumnae Chapter, 10 a.m., Monica Green, president, 704-636-4875.
• Dr. MLK Jr. parade, begins 11 a.m. at Liberty and Main. Ends at Livingstone College. Post-Parade events held at Miller Center, 1420 W. Bank St. Salisbury, 12:30-4:30 p.m., 704-638-5217, www.srhrc.org
• Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Celebration and Humanitarian Awards Day, 3 p.m., Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church of Salisbury, info 704-636-6547.
• Listings based on last best information received.
• Find local arts & entertainment events in the Jan. 9 Time Out on page 4D or online at www.salisburypost.com [choose Entertainment>Time Out>Roundabout What’s Happening Jan. 9-15]
A series of unfortunate events prompted Jennifer Hammond’s decision to lose weight. “My liver had these stones that blocked my... read more