Local New Year’s Eve festivities
?SALISBURY — For tonight’s New Year’s Eve festivities, local businesses and organizations are offering plenty of places to find confetti and get your Auld Lang Syne on.
In addition to the grassroots celebration at the Old Presbyterian Bell Tower on West Innes, locals can find entertainment at locations from High?Rock Lake to Charlotte.
Some festivities have an admission price. Others are open to the public.
Here are some of the places you can ring in the New Year:
• Spoken Space Theatre, 405 N. Lee St., has invited musicians, singers, comics, poets and other types of artists to perform. Performers sign-in at 9 p.m. The show begins at 10 p.m. Admission is free. Drinks and snacks will be sold.
• The Inn, 1012 Mooresville Highway, a Christian rock band showcase, is hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration of music and food at its venue across from the Food Lion in the Westland Shopping Center on Jake Alexander Boulevard. Four bands will perform — Caleb’s Bridge, Broken Yesterday, Evolve and Solid Ground — beginning at 7:30 p.m. and going until after midnight. Call 704-213-1476 for details, or visit The Inn on Facebook.
• The Salisbury Swing Band, performing at Hotel Salisbury, 530 Jake Alexander Blvd. S., will host a New Year’s Eve Dance Party starting at 9 p.m. Under the direction of Dr. Steve Etters, the band will feature vocalists Laura Millspaugh and Bill Bucher. Ticket information is available by calling Hotel Salisbury at 704-637-3100 or Memories 1280 Radio at 704-633-0621.
• First Night Masquerade Ball, at the Courtyard by Marriott, benefits Saving Grace Farm. The event has sold out.
• JC Price Post 107 will host a New Year’s Eve party from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. with light refreshments and champagne. Deejay Fresh will provide music for the event. Admission is a $10 donation.
• TJ’s High Rock Lake Restaurant & Lounge, 2675 Providence Church Road, will have a New Year’s Eve Party with Tim Elliott & CCB. Cost is $25 per person and includes dinner and cover charge for the band. The restaurant opens at 4 p.m.; the party starts at 5 p.m. Reserve tickets by calling 704-633-0251.
• Uncle Buck’s All American Pub & Grub, 127 S. Main St., will have The Pinetops Lightning Band as the entertainment for its party tonight. Cost is $10. The restaurant is open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Music starts 9:30 p.m.
• Charlotte Zodiac Dance Club at the American Legion, 4235 W. Tyvola Road, Charlotte, will host a dinner and dance starting at 7:30 p.m. The social is for adults of all ages, including singles and couples. Dinner will be served at 8:15 p.m. The Emeralds will begin playing at 9 p.m. Tickets will be $30 at the door.
PARIS (AP) — Seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher was in critical condition after undergoing brain surgery following a skiing... read more