You can still apply for assistance with Christmas Bureau
Published 12:00 am Sunday, October 27, 2013
The application period for those seeking Christmas help from the Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, Christmas Happiness and other programs has been extended into the coming week.
Applications will be taken from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday at the Salvation Army, 620 Bringle Ferry Road.
The agencies joined with Project Santa and Operation Santa Claus in providing a centralized application process this year called the Rowan County Christmas Bureau. The agencies help provide gifts of clothes, toys and other items to thousands of children each Christmas.
Applications were taken four days over the past two weeks at the Hurley Y, but organizers did not see as many people as they expected.
Parents or legal guardians applying for help should bring the following:
• A current N.C. picture ID or driver’s license
• A W-7 for every member in the household
• If ID is expired, need lease and utility bill
• Medicaid card
• Birth certificate for all children 12 and under
• Proof of all income and expenses
• Unemployment and food stamp verification letter
• Custody papers if guardian