Kannapolis begins loose leaf collection Oct. 21
Beginning Monday, Oct. 21, the city of Kannapolis will offer weekly loose leaf collection service. During this period, it is not necessary to bag leaves. If leaves are bagged, the bags will be collected weekly on garbage collection day. Loose leaf collection service will be offered through Friday, March 7, 2014.
Leaves are banned from North Carolina landfills. Weekly collection service offers an alternative method of disposal and encourages reuse as mulch or compost. The service will be offered on all holidays except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. On those two holidays, loose leaf collection will run on a one-day delay for the remainder of the week.
• Leaves must be placed at the curb or along the ditch line, not in ditches, in rows parallel with street by 7 a.m. on the day of collection.
• Leaves mixed with limbs, other yard waste, gravel, glass or other solid matter will not be collected.
• Leaves in garbage containers will not be collected.
• Leaves must be clear of water meters and fences, and placed on the street side of retaining walls.
• Leaves must be clear of sidewalks and the street.
To look up collection days by street address, go to http://www.cityofkannapolis.com and click on Loose Leaf Collection. Call the Kannapolis Public Works Department at 704-920-4200 for more information.
Ground sausage, vegetables and three types of beans were used to make the chili that won the Catawba College’s men’s... read more