Auditions for 10-minute Play Festival start Monday
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, April 10, 2013
SALISBURY — Lee Street Theatre will hold auditions for its fifth annual Original 10-Minute Play Festival “Hotel 6” at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at Looking Glass Artists Center, 405 N. Lee St. All are encouraged to audition, regardless of experience.
The plays are comedies and take place in or around a hotel of some sort.
Below is a list of plays and the roles available.
“Dante Six” by Andrea AA Rassler
Two receptionists in the sixth level of Dante’s Inferno check in a new person for her eternal punishment.
• Cavalcanti and Uberti: Male or female. Any Age. Two peas in a pod, but the most hellish of pods. They are petty, bickering, endlessly focused on the mundane. Both have a sense of humor, but somewhat warped. Both are quick-witted and mercurial.
Margaret: Female. More like a specter than a person, she is without life, without hope, without care
“An Old Trick in a New Way” by George Freek
Wally has Eric pose as a fortune teller to convince Michelle to date him.
• Eric: Male. An actor in his 20s-30s
• Wally: Male. CPA 20s-40s
• Michelle: Female. A teacher. 20s-30s
“Darcy in Alabama” by Jenny Hubbard
Two women pose as maids in a hotel where their favorite celebrity is staying.
• Bernice & Patsy: Two women in their 40-60′s. Bernice is a little more sophisticated than Patsy.
“Break Room” by Katie Scarvey
Three young hotel employees (Jack, Rafe, and Ella) start talking about fantasies, leading Jack and Rafe to try to guess Ella’s.
• Ella: Cute, smart. Working her way through college as a hotel housekeeper.
• Jack: Hotel waiter, has chemistry with Ella.
• Rafe: Hotel waiter, Jack’s bud.
“Hotel Maid Team 6” by Bill Greene
Two ‘hotel maids’ investigate a target while ‘cleaning the room’.
• Maid 1 and 2: Male or female. 20s-50s.
“Drag Strip” by Teresa Hollar
A businessman settles into his hotel room for a second while preparing to head out for an evening appointment.
• Dean: 40′s. Married, middle-aged, businessman. Father of two children
Performances are at 7:30 p.m. May 15 through 18. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.