Spencer board to hold public meeting on community appearance report
SPENCER — The Spencer Community Appearance Commission will make its annual presentation to the board of aldermen at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall.
Also on Tuesday’s agenda:
• Aldermen will hold a public hearing to take comment on the sign ordinance.
• Department heads and Mayor Jody Everhart will report on activities during the past month.
• Town Manager Larry Smith will report on town projects.
• Aldermen will hear from residents who would like to speak for three minutes on any topic.
• Aldermen will consider a memorandum of understanding with the Cabarrus Rowan Metropolitan Planning Organization, or MPO, which is a transportation planning organization.
• Aldermen will consider a resolution regarding the solid waste plan.
• Aldermen will discuss a pending appointment by the Rowan County Municipal Appointment to the RowanWorks Economic Development Commission Board of Directors.
• Aldermen will consider accepting the street bid.
• Aldermen will proclaim April as N.C. Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• Town leaders will schedule a budget workshop.
• Aldermen will consider personnel policy amendments.