Posters Sept. 6
• Housing Advocacy Commission (HAC), 4 p.m., today, Sept. 6, at City Hall,217 S. Main St.
• Aggrey Memorial High School regular monthly Sunday, Sept. 9, 6 p.m. in the Aggrey Building at Sandy Ridge AME Zion Church, Landis. Members asked to bring banquet ticket report. Banquet is Sept. 29 at 7 p.m. with member Bobby Wilkerson speaker.
• Kannapolis History Associates presents Whit Whitley on ‘Whitley’s Funeral Home – from the beginning,’ 7 p.m., Monday, Sept. 10, 2012, AL Brown High School social hall, 415 East 1st St., Kannapolis, parking across 1st St., east of Trinity UMC.
• Kannapolis History Associates announces relocation of Hinson History Room and Artifacts to A.L. Brown High School, 415 East 1st St., Kannapolis, 704-963-9240, in the corridor east of the Kannapolis Performing Arts Center. Parking in lot across 1st St., east of Trinity UMC. Phil Goodman, president.
• First Calvary Baptist Church, 400 S. Long St., health fair, Saturday, Sept. 8, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Presentations by health care providers, exercise classes, blood pressure checks and samples of healthy snacks. Mammograms will be given to pre-registered persons only. Voter registration available. Co-sponsored by Missionary Unit 6 and AKA Sorority.
• The Salisbury/Rowan/Davie Chapter of the Livingstone College National Alumni Association will host a pancake breakfast at Applebee’s on Saturday, Sept. 8 from 8-10 a.m. Host couple are Pete and Hazel Kennedy. Hazel, a 1962 graduate, will represent the chapter during homecoming in October. Applebee’s is at 205 Faith Road. Tickets are $7 and may be purchased by calling Catherine Rivens at 704-642-0621.