Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• Notice of Special Called Meeting of the Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 8 a.m., Monday, April 30.
• Wittenberg Lutheran Church monthly breakfast, 6:30-10:30 a.m., Saturday, April 28. Corner of Bank and Oak streets, Granite Quarry.
• Southeast Middle School PTA annual Patriots Palooza — 7 a.m.-noon, Saturday, April 28, 1570 Peeler Road (off Hwy 29). Car “bashing” booth, inflatables, games, hayrides, food, craft booths, food vendors, more. Open to the public. Proceeds go to Southeast Middle School PTA and technology needs.
• Rowan Museum’s chapter of Tar Heel Junior Historians, 11 a.m., Saturday, April 28, 202 North Main St.
• Annual Fesperman-Foutz family reunion, 1 p.m., Saturday, April 28. Bring covered dish. Paper products, ice, tea, lemonade provided. For all Fesperman and/or Foutz descendants. Held at Organ Lutheran Church. LuAnne Mullis, 704-932,8099.
• Price High School Alumni Association Salisbury Chapter, 3 p.m., Saturday, April 28, Western Star Lodge, Old Concord Road Salisbury.Call Carolyn Williams 704-633-7162.
• Inaugural Rowan/Cabarrus County Western Carolina University Alumni Chapter meeting, Tuesday, May 1, 6:30-8 p.m., Captain’s Galley Seafood Shack, S. Main St., China Grove, meet other Catamounts from the area. Contact Steve Williams (1972), 704-431-0676, email@example.com
• South Yadkin canoe/kayak race early registration, $20 per person with free race t-shirt, postmarked by May 4. Race date May 12. Details call Sam Bonds 704-633-8020 or Jeff Gobble 704-279-6869.