Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• J.C. Price American Legion Post 107 sponsoring “April Fling” Sunday, 9pm-2am. Music by “DJ Peaches. Ladies in free until 10pm, $5 after 10pm for ladies and other guests all nite. Dress code enforced. Must have proper ID, 21 and older. Security present. Raffle and door prizes. Birthday tables, 704-633-6484. • Harold B. Jarrett Post 342 hosting Shining Star Spring Fling Dance Saturday, April 21, 9pm-2am. $10 advance, $15 at door. DJ Peaches. • Ole Time Country Breakfast, 7-11 a.m., Saturday, April 21, $5 donation; speakers, costumes, food. Hall’s Chapel Primitive Baptist Pastor’s Aid Department, 611 E. Monroe St.
• St. Mark’s Lutheran LifeSavers Relay For Life Team’s flapjack fundraiser, 8-10 a.m., Saturday, April 21, Applebee’s. Proceeds go to American Cancer Society. $7 at the door.
• Joint church give-away, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, April 21, by Hallie Hawkins missionaries and St. Luke Baptist Church. Annual fundraiser features homemade cakes, pies, hotdogs, drinks. 410 Hawkinstown Road.
• Clothing give-away at Yadkin Baptist Church, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Saturday, April 21. Hwy 29 N. Spencer, approx 1/4 mile on left just before Yadkin Bridge.
• Zucchini 500 returns to Kannapolis, 1-5 p.m., April 21, Stewart-Haas Racing, 6001 Haas Way, www.cityofkannapolis.com/zucchini-500
• Chicken and dumpling fundraiser,4 p.m. until, Saturday, April 21, in support of 3-year-old Kenzey Hope Smith battling leukemia. Chicken and dumplings, pinto beans, slaw, desserts. Rain or shine, Randy and Pam Elium, 2085 Lake Road, 704-636-2459.
• Boy Scout Troop 404 spaghetti supper, 6-9 p.m., Saturday April 21: Have supper with Boy Scout Troop 404, Back Creek Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall, plates are by donations. Homemade desserts by Boy Scouts and their families.
• Funeral pre-planning workshop,
10 a.m.-noon, Saturday, April 21. Funeral directors, insurance agencies on site for questions. Free, no registration required. Refreshments, door prizes. 111 Railroad St., Cleveland. Sponsored by Boone-Carroll and Mitchell and Fair. 704-278-3640, 704-633-2424.
• Smart Start Rowan Board, 11:30 a.m., lunch and fellowship; noon board meeting. Monday, April 23, Trinity Oaks, 728 Klumac Road.