Town crier, week of March 26
TODAY, March 26
• Smart Start Rowan Board/ Executive Meetings, noon, Trinity Oaks Retirement Center, 728 Klumac Road.
• Salisbury Symphony After-School Strings concert, 5 p.m., Granite Quarry Elementary School.• Rowan County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force meeting, 5:15 p.m., room #203, J. Newton Cohen Administration Building, 130 W. Innes St.
• Salisbury-Rowan Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 S. Long St., East Spencer. Agenda at www.rss.k12. nc.us.
• Kannapolis City Council 6 p.m. at the train station, 201 S. Main St.
• Psi Chi Chap of Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc., 6:30 p.m., Rowan Public Library. Contact 704-639-9936.
• Rowan County Planning Board, 7 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
TUESDAY, March 27
• Juneteenth Committee meeting, 6:30 p.m., new location: 1005 Stanley St., Contact Sherry 704-499-1197.
• Habitat for Humanityonce-a-year barbecue chicken dinner, Civic Center, 315 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Ave.
• Rowan County Board of Social Services, 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
• “The Secrets of Masonry Revealed,” sponsored by Cannon Memorial Lodge #626 A.F.& A.M., held at Kannapolis Masonic Center, 704 S. Main St., Kannapolis, dinner 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m, public invited. www.cml626.org
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association (CBA/ABATE of NC), 6:30 p.m., Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle. 704-463-0111, www.uwharriecba.org
• Book Bites Book Club, 6:30 p.m., “Moon Women” by Pamela Duncan, South Rowan Regional Library, 920 Kimball Road, China Grove, 704-216-8229.
WEDNESDAY, March 28
• Powles Funeral Home Bingo Breakfast, 9 a.m., McDonalds in Rockwell. Contact Russ Roakes 704-279-7241
THURSDAY, March 29
• Last day Rowan Cabarrus Community College Literary & Fine Arts Festival, free and open to the public. 704-216-3846, www.rccc.edu• Author Jane Hamilton at Catawba College’s 26th Brady Author’s Symposium, 1:15 p.m., book signing, Keppel Auditorium lobby.
• Community Job Fair, 2-4 p.m., Civic Center, 315 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., sponsored by Dept. of Commerce, Division of Workforce Solutions/ JobLink.
FRIDAY, March 30
SATURDAY, March 31
• Vietnam Veterans Homecoming Celebration, gates open 9 a.m., opening ceremonies 11 a.m., Charlotte Motor Speedway, www.CharlotteMotorSpeedway.com/WelcomeHome.
• Spring craft and basket show, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Civic Center, 315 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., 704-638-5275.
• Easter Bunny Express through tomorrow, NC Transportation Museum, Spencer. Easter egg hunt 12:30 p.m. today only. Rides 10 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:15 p.m.
• American Legion Easter egg hunt, 2-4 p.m., Kennedy-Hall American Legion Post 106, ages 12 and under, open to the public. 6250 Hwy 801, 704-278-2493.
• Red Show art auction to benefit The Red Cross, Rail Walk Studios & Gallery, 409 N. Lee St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• Waterworks Visual Arts Center, Rowan Salisbury’s Middle School Exhibition opens. 123 E. Liberty St., www.waterworks.org
• E.H. Montgomery General Store, Friday Night Bluegrass 6-10 p.m., open jam 8 p.m. Gold Hill, www.HistoricGoldHill.com, 704-267-9439.
SUNDAY, April 1
• Town of Granite Quarry annual Easter egg hunt, 2 p.m. promptly, Granite Quarry Civic Park, 202 W. Peeler and N. Oak St., free.