Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• SHS BBQ for baseball — 11 a.m.-until, Saturday, March 24, plates for $7, desserts for $1. To fund the varsity baseball team’s trip to April 8 tournament in Orlando. Held at Rusher Tire & Auto, 702 S. Main St.
• Rowan County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force meeting, 5:15 p.m., Monday, March 26, room #203, second floor of the J. Newton Cohen Administration Building, 130 W. Innes St.
• Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education meeting, Monday, March 26. Agenda at www.rss.k12. nc.us.
• West Rowan Neighborhood Center Advisory Council, 10 a.m., RA Clement Old Building/Allen Temple Church, 704-278-9116, 704-278-0096.
• BBQ fundraiser, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, March 24, to raise money for Youth Mission Trip. Prospect Presbyterian Church, 704-664-1514.
• All you can eat spaghetti, Saturday March 24, $6 for spaghetti, salad, bread, beverage, dessert; children under 6 free, Mt. Mitchell UMC, corner of Lane Street and Old Salisbury-Concord Hwy., exit 63 on I-85.
• Pork BBQ fundraiser, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, March 24, tickets $8/plate in advance to benefit youth mission trips. Delivery 10 plate minimum. 704-664-1514, Prospect Presbyterian Church, 9425 WNC 152 Hwy, Mooresville.
• Salisbury Seventh-day Adventist Church, 305 Rudolph Rd., Saturday, 11 a.m. Pastor Sven F. Behm, “Jesus My Shepherd.” Saturday Sabbath school, 9:45 a.m.
• Lilly’s Chapel Church of God Rainbow Tea, 3 p.m., Saturday, March 24. Women, men and children will model their favorite hats. Food, music, games. 618 W. Thomas St.
SALISBURY — Mike and Carolyn McGee met for the first time July 17, 1986. It was back in Salisbury’s cruising... read more