No one hurt in condominium fire

Published 12:00 am Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SALISBURY — No one was injured in a condominium fire this morning off Larchmont Place.
Firefighters and emergency crews were dispatched about 7:10 a.m. to No. 608 in the Wiltshire Village condo complex. Fire officials said flames were visible through a front window when they arrived.
The fire started in the kitchen, said Salisbury Fire Battalion Chief David Morris, but investigators were still working to find out how it began.
“They were able to get in the apartment and knock the fire down fairly quickly,” Morris said.
Neighbors said one man lived in the condo. Crews were working to contact the man at his job Wednesday morning.
Morris said the fire was contained to the kitchen area.
“You don’t call any fire routine, but this was about as routine as it gets,” he said.
Neighbor Jackie Gucciardo, who lives above No. 608, said she called 911 after smelling smoke.
“By the time I got back downstairs it was all full of smoke,” Gucciardo said.
Crews arrived quickly, she said, and began notifying neighbors.
“They were here right away,” she said. “Not even five minutes later.”