Town crier, week of Dec. 19
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, rescheduled to 2 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 6:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church Street, SE, Concord.
• Carolina Christmas light show, 6-10 p.m. nightly through Dec. 31: Drive-through Christmas light park, Charlotte Motor Speedway, exit 49 off I-85. Tickets online or at gate, $20 per car, truck or SUV up to eight passengers. 1-800-455-FANS, www.charlottemotorspeedway. com
TUESDAY, Dec. 20
• Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• VFW Post 9131 6:30 p.m., 1433 Old Wilkesboro Road, Commander Hercules Shannon, 704-798-2032.
• Blood Drive at First Presbyterian Church fellowship hall, Kannapolis, 2-6:30 p.m. 201 Vance Street at the southern end of the North Carolina Research Campus. Appointments 704-938-4623. Walk-ins welcome.
WEDNESDAY, Dec. 21
• No Rowan Museum Inc. Board of Trustees meeting, next meeting, Jan. 18.
FRIDAY, Dec. 23
• E.H. Montgomery General Store Bluegrass Christmas, 6-8 p.m., bluegrass jam, finger foods, lots of music. Historic Village of Gold Hill. 704-267-9439, www.HistoricGoldHill. com
SATURDAY, Dec. 24
• Christmas Eve
• See Faith Briefs for local Christmas Eve church services.
SUNDAY, Dec. 25
• Christmas Day
•Free Christmas Day lunch at Restoration Church, 795 Cannon St., Rockwell, at 1 p.m. in the fellowship hall. All are welcome, especially anyone who doesn’t have a place to go on Christmas Day. Contact Robin Coley for questions, 704-209-1645.
SALISBURY — Authorities have increased the charges against a Salisbury man accused of pistol-whipping a man and assaulting a woman... read more