• Benefit program, 6 p.m., Friday, Dec. 16, “Win the Battle of AML, (Acute Myeloid Leukemia),” for Santoria Jordan who will have a bone marrow transplant in January. A singing and giving event. Love Christian Center, 102 N. Long St. East Spencer.
• Annual Christmas musical program in honor of the late Rev. F. L. Cornelius, 2:30 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 18, Sills Creek AME Zion Church, Mooresville Road.
• Grace Deliverance Tabernacle Men and Women of Power Fellowship, 8 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Dec. 17. Also 7:30 p.m. Saturday night Jubilee Service, Spanky Ramseur leadership service. 1237 Old West Innes St., Dr. Patricia Trueblood, host pastor.
• Ken Upright will sign copies of “All The Kings Horses And All The Kings Friends” on Saturday, Dec. 17 at The Cottage House in downtown Badin, 1-4 p.m.
• Kannapolis Business Alliance, Thursday, noon, Gem Theatre Annex, 111 West First St. Speakers from the Small Business & Technology Development Center, SCORE (Service Corps for Retired Executives), RCCC’s Small Business Center and Self-Help on small business growth. Free. Lunch provided. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Carson High School Band’s Winter Concert, Monday, Dec. 19, at 7 p.m. in the school’s Henry G. Kluttz Auditorium. Free.