Homeless man found huffing aerosol can in Walmart
SALISBURY — Police found a homeless man with a broken wrist inhaling fumes from an aerosol can in the bathroom at Walmart on Thursday.
According to a Salisbury Police report, officers found Robert Wayne Herndon, 51, mumbling in a stall with a can of compressed air beside him about 3 a.m.
Officers had been at the 323 Arlington St. store for a separate incident when they were contacted by Walmart loss-prevention officers.
When police took Herndon into custody, the report said, officers noticed the man’s wrist was injured.
He was taken to Rowan Regional Medical Center where he was treated and released.
The report said Herndon had previously been banned from Walmart stores after an incident at an Asheville store.
Herndon was charged with misdemeanor inhaling fumes for purpose of causing intoxication and misdemeanor second-degree trespassing. He also had an outstanding warrant for first-degree trespassing from 2006.
Herndon was released after posting a $500 bond.
12/07/11 by Juanita Teschner Taylor Clay Products in Salisbury has developed a concrete roof tile that acts as a catalyst... read more