Town Crier: Community events
• Kannapolis Board of Education, 5 p.m., KCS Administrative Offices, 100 Denver St.
• NC Poet Laureate Cathy Smith Bowers, 7 p.m., reception to meet the artist follows talk. Catawba College, Ketner Hall, Tom Smith Auditorium. Sponsored by Center for Faith & the Arts, and Catawba College Dept. of English, 704-647-0999.
• Non-perishable food collection continues through November, OneMain Financial, 519C W. Jake Alexander Blvd., benefits the women’s shelter. 704-633-2689.
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 6 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 6:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church Street, SE, Concord.
TUESDAY, Nov. 22
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association (CBA/ABATE of NC), 6:30 p.m. fourth Tuesdays at Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle. Open to everyone interested in motorcycling. Contact Charles,704-463-0111, email@example.com, www.uwharriecba.org
• Rowan County Board of Social Services, 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
WEDNESDAY, Nov. 23
•52nd Holiday Caravan Parade, 2 p.m. Spencer, 3 p.m. Salisbury
THURSDAY, Nov. 24
FRIDAY, Nov. 25
•Downtown Holiday Night Out, 5-9 p.m. Santa and Grinch make first appearance, shops open late, free trolley rides, carriage rides, kids’ activities, seasonal music.
• 5th Annual Holiday Market, NC Research Campus and Piedmont Farmers Market indoor farmers market 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday-Saturday, 120 West Ave., local and NC-based products. www. ncresearchcampus.net
SATURDAY, Nov. 26
•Santa and the Grinch at the Bell Tower, 10 a.m.-noon, Bell Tower Park, S. Jackson and W. Innes St.
• Local band Gulley (formerly Chobie Badgio) at Looking Glass Artist Collective’s Black Box Theater, doors open 7:45; show starts 8 p.m., 405 N. Lee St., 704-633-ARTS, www.salisburyartists.com
• 5th Annual Holiday Market continues, NC Research Campus and Piedmont Farmers Market indoor year-round farmers market 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday-Saturday, 120 West Ave., local and NC-based products. www.ncresearchcampus.net
• R. A. Clement Association, 9 a.m. fourth Saturday, Allen Temple Presbyterian Church, Cleveland, open to former students and families, staff , faculty, friends of R. A. Clement High School 1948-1968.
MONDAY, Nov. 28
• The Kneeling Gardeners, 7 p.m., Trinity United Methodist Church at 416 East First Street, Kannapolis on Monday, Nov. 28, for a program offering ideas for the holidays. Anyone interested is invited to attend. For more information, call the Church office at 704/933-1127.