Ben Folds to perform in Kannapolis
KANNAPOLIS — Ben Folds, an alternative rock musician and celebrity judge on NBC’s “Sing Off,” will perform in Kannapolis Oct. 13 when he is inducted into the N.C. Music Hall of Fame.
A renowned singer-songwriter, Folds, 45, is the frontman and pianist of the alternative rock band Ben Folds Five. He serves as a judge on the cappella singing competition series in its third season on NBC.
The talent line-up for the N.C. Music Hall of Fame induction ceremony features artists and musicians from virtually every music genre. In addition to Folds, those scheduled to appear include:
• Ken Knox, Chairmen of the Board
• Billy Scott, The Georgia Prophets
• Maceo Parker, jazz/funk sax player and James Brown’s sideman
• Billy “Crash” Craddock, country/rockabilly recording legend
• George Hamilton IV
• John D. Loudermilk
• Victoria Livengood, mezzo soprano, New York Metropolitan Opera
• Anthony Dean Griffey, Grammy award winning tenor
• Billy Edd Wheeler, songwriter/playwright/author
The induction ceremony will take place in the David H. Murdock Core Laboratory Building at the N.C. Research Campus in Kannapolis. The evening will include a reception at 6 p.m., dinner and induction ceremony at 7 p.m.
For more information contact Eddie Ray, operations director and vice chairman, by calling 704-934-2320. Or send an email to email@example.com .
KANNAPOLIS — The N.C. Research Campus will launch a year-round indoor farmers’ market next month in conjunction with National Food... read more