Published 12:00 am Friday, September 2, 2011
1. Accidental Birds of the Carolinas, by Marjorie Hudson.
2. Southern Railway’s Historic Spencer Shops, by Larry K. Neal.
3. Iron House, by John Hart.
4. The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements, by Sam Kean.
5. The Most Dangerous Thing, by Laura Lippman.
6. A Dance With Dragons, by George R.R. Martin.
7. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins.
8. Flash and Bones, by Kathy Reichs.
9. Caleb’s Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks.
10. State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett.
1. State of Wonder, by Ann Patchett.
2. The Paris Wife, by Paula McLain.
3. A Dance With Dragons, by George R.R. Martin.
4. Rules of Civility, by Amor Towles.
5. The Magician King, Lev Grossman.
6. Maine, by J. Courtney Sullivan.
7. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, by Stieg Larsson.
8. Caleb’s Crossing, by Geraldine Brooks.
9. The Keeper of Lost Causes, by Jussi Adler-Olsen.
10. Portrait of a Spy, by Daniel Silva.
1. In the Garden of Beasts, by Erik Larson.
2. Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand.
3. Go the F**k to Sleep, by Adam Mansbach, Ricardo Cortes (Illus.).
4. Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness, by Alexandra Fuller.
5. 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created, by Charles C. Mann.
6. Bossypants, by Tina Fey.
7. Stolen Life: A Memoir, by Jaycee Dugard.
8. The Greater Journey, by David McCullough
9. Prime Time, by Jane Fonda
10. Turn Right at Machu Picchu, by Mark Adams.