Gas leak halts traffic on South Lee Street

Published 12:00 am Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Salisbury Fire Department shut down a portion of South Lee Street on Thursday after construction crews reported a natural gas leak.
The gas leak was reported at about 1:45 p.m. and emergency crews secured the leak by 2:05 p.m.
The leak appeared to have occurred behind the Hardiman Furniture store, which is being renovated, in the 100 block of South Lee Street.
Some East Innes Street businesses were temporarily evacuated.
Check back later for more information.