Thieves take more copper wiring
SALISBURY — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the theft of $25,000 worth of cooper wiring from Wachovia property on Ritchie Road.
The incident took place between July 20 and Friday.
The Sheriff’s Office is also investigating:
• The larceny and vandalism of a motor vehicle reported by Marty Dale Hogan, of Wright Avenue in Salisbury.
Thieves used a brick and rocks to break a window of a 2005 Dodge Ram truck Sunday.
The following items were taken: $200 Tom Tom navigation system, $65 Panasonic DVD player, $65 chainsaw, $100 weed eater and a $40 carton of Pall Mall cigarettes.
• The burglary of Warren Eugene Vanhoy’s U.S 52 residence.
Thieves broke a window and took $25 worth of cooper wire and a $200 oil heater.
The window sustained $100 worth of damage.
The incident took place between 7:30 p.m. Thursday and 6 p.m. Friday.
• A motor vehicle larceny reported by Petra Bautista.
A passport, birth certificate, Betty Boop leather pocketbook, a debit card and $500 in cash were taken from Bautista’s 1999 red Jeep Grand Cherokee.
• The theft of $2,000 worth of copper pipes at Wells Fargo Bank at 5421 Old Mocksville Road on Friday.
• The theft of a $400 indoor air conditioning unit and a $40 window unit on Crawford Road in Salisbury.
Angel Michelle Shepherd reported the incident happened between 11 p.m. Saturday and 12:05 p.m. Sunday .
• The larceny of a $300 push lawnmower and $25 brass plant pedestal.
Patty Sue Blackwelder reported the incident happened at her Linda Street residence in Salisbury between 8 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. Sunday.
• The larceny at Joseph Goldstein’s Gold Knob Road home in Salisbury.
Thieves gained entry into the house through a window.
A $50 DVD player, $100 worth of DVDs, a $1,600 Dell laptop, $100 worth of coins and a $50 cell phone charger were taken between 8 p.m. Friday and 2 a.m. Sunday.