Friday filing deadline looms
Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 14, 2011
With the deadline for candidates to file for municipal office coming up Friday, some towns still lack enough candidates to fill their slates.
As of Wednesday afternoon, no one had filed yet for the five seats on the Faith Board of Aldermen, and Rockwell and East Spencer were still one candidate short.
Spencer lacks candidates for mayor, and only two people have filed for the six alderman slots on the town board.
Here’s a list of candidates so far:
• China Grove: For mayor, Don Bringle; for alderman, two seats, Lee Withers, Allen Welter and Ronald Overcash.
• Cleveland: For mayor, John Steele; for commissioner, two seats, Richard Taylor, Mary Frank Fleming-Adkins and John Bradford.
• East Spencer: For mayor, Barbara Mallett; for alderman, three seats, John Noble and Titus King.
• Faith: five seats, no filings yet.
• Granite Quarry alderman, three seats: Robert Anderson, Bill Feather, Jake Fisher.
• Kannapolis City Council, three seats: Ryan Dayvault, Amos L. McClorey, Ken Geathers, Thomas Kincaid, Roger Haas and Michael Mishkin.
• Landis: For mayor, Dennis Brown; for alderman, two seats, Tony Hilton, Roger Safrit and Tony Corriher.
• Rockwell: For mayor, Beau Taylor; for alderman, all five seats, Chuck Bowman, Timothy Justin Crews, Tim Draper and Charles Wingerson.
• Salisbury City Council, all five seats: Dale Stephens, Pete Kennedy, Susan Wear Kluttz, Paul Woodson, Maggie Blackwell, Blake Jarman, Rip Kersey, Brian Miller.
• Spencer: for mayor, no filings yet; for alderman, six seats: Jeff Morris, David Smith.
Filing ends at noon Friday. The election is Nov. 8.
Filing for the Concord City Council begins July 25 and ends Aug. 12.