Nine earn R.A. Clement Association scholarships
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, June 29, 2011
The R.A. Clement Association has awarded nine scholarships to high school graduates from three schools. The scholarships are in the amount of $500 each for students attending four-year schools and $250 for students attending community colleges.
• Annick Dalton, daughter of Clevester Dalton and Levonia Watson Dalton, is a 2011 graduate of West Rowan High School. She will attend Elizabeth City State University and major in biology.
• Brianna Hargrove, the daughter of Eric and Renee Hargrove, Clemmons, is a 2011 graduate of West Forsyth High School. She will attend the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
• Ethan Martin, the son of Darin and Mechelle Martin, is a 2011 graduate of West Rowan High School. He will attend NorthEast Community College in Mt. Pleasant, Texas, to study ranch management.
• Kierra Perry, daughter of Vernon and Alice Perry, is a 2011 graduate of West Rowan High School. She will attend N.C. A&T State University to major in journalism and mass communications.
• Jerry Sherrill III, son of Jerry Sherrill Jr. and Deedre Noble Sherrill, is a 2011 graduate of West Rowan High School. He will attend Catawba College and major in athletic training.
• Amber Gilmore, daughter of Kenneth and Diane Gilmore, graduated from West Rowan High School. She will receive the George Knox Scholarship, given in honor of a past principle of R.A. Clement High School. Amber will attend Winston-Salem State University and major in social work.
• Royale Nichols, son of Phoebe Nichols, graduate of West Rowan, will attend Western Carolina University and major in biology.
• Christian Vaughters, son of Daryl and Dianne Vaughters, is a graduate of West Rowan High School. He plans to attend University of Florida and major in music production.
• William Watkins Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. William “Jeff” Watkins, graduated from Salisbury High School. He will attend Brevard College and major in physical therapy