Farmers Markets in the region
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Market at the Mill Farmer’s Market, Friday afternoons from 4-7 p.m. in the parking lot of the China Grove Roller Mill Museum on Main Street. Plants, baked goods, produce and meats.
East Spencer Fresh Air Market, open this Saturday 7-11 a.m. at the corner of Henderson and Long Street in East Spencer. Local vendors will have watermelon, peaches, cantaloupe, tomatoes, early squash, okra and other produce items as well as some baked goods.
The Salisbury Farmers Market, 300 S. Main St., is open Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Saturday, 7 a.m.-noon. www.salisburyfarmersmarket.com.
• 518 Winecoff School Road, Saturdays 8 a.m.-noon.; Produce, beef, chicken, eggs, baked goods, crafts, cut flowers, plants. Tuesday 3-6 p.m., produce
• North Carolina Research Campus, Cannon Village, Thursdays, 3-6 p.m. Produce, baked goods, crafts
Downtown Concord, 24 Market Street; Wednesday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Produce, baked goods, box lunches, crafts
Charlotte Regional Farmers Market, 1801 Yorkmont Road. Sunday, 12:30 -6 p.m. Tuesday – Saturday 8 a.m.-6 pm.
Davidson Farmer’s Market, 216 S. Main St., Saturdays from 8 a.m.-noon, featuring 35 farmers and local producers from within a 100-mile radius. Certified organic, naturally grown and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables, grass fed beef, pastured pork and free range chicken and ostrich, eggs from free-range chickens, fresh baked goods, prepared foods, fresh cut flowers, herbs, plants and more.
Rotary Farmers Market II, Mooresville; located at First Baptist Church parking lot on South Church Street. Wednesdays 7 am – noon; Saturdays 7 a.m.-noon.
Farmington Farmer’s Market, Farmington Community Center, Saturday mornings, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. For more information, go to www.farmingtoncc.org/.
Piedmont Farmers Market, 6960 Robinson Church Road. Mondays, 4-7 p.m. Produce, beef, chicken, eggs, baked goods, crafts.
• Statesville Evening Farmers Market, Pecan Park, Thursdays, 4 to 6 p.m. April to October, www.theeveningfarmersmarket.com
• Rotary Farmers Market, Corner of West Front and Meeting Street, through October. Mondays 4-7 p.,m. Wednesdays 7 a.m. noon. Saturdays 7 a.m. – noon.
• Crossroads Regional Farmers Market, Statesville, at Newtowne Shopping Center Tuesdays, 7 – noon; Saturdays, 4 – 8 pm; through October.
Lexington Farmers Market, inside the historic freight depot , 29 Railroad Street. Saturdays from 8 a.m.-noon and Wednesdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Denton Community Farmers Market, Salisbury Street across from Harrison Park. Saturdays from 8 a.m.-noon; Friday afternoons from 3:30-8 p.m.
Harmony Farmers Market, 3389 Harmony Highway, Harmony (behind Harmony library); Fridays, 4 – 6 pm. Through September.
View Farmer’s Markets in a larger map