Fan causes smoke in justice center
Firefighters were called to the Rowan County Justice Center on Wednesday evening when a call came in around 7:11 p.m. about smoke in the building.
Firefighters on the scene reported smoke on the first floor of center at 232 N. Main St.
They later found a fan motor had caused the smoke and were able to secure it by 7:40 p.m. and then clear the smoke from the building.
06/14/11 by Kathy Chaffin The Gaston County Solid Waste and Recycling Division is one of six recipients of the 2011... read more