Public can comment on master plan draft
SALISBURY — The public is invited to view and comment on the draft of the Salisbury Preservation Master Plan from 7 to 8:30 p.m. May 9 at the Rowan Museum, 202 N. Main St.
The draft plan reflects months of ongoing collaboration with public and private stakeholders, neighborhoods and a steering committee appointed by City Council.
It outlines the vision, desired outcomes and specific strategies that residents feel are needed to enhance, improve and sustain historic preservation efforts in Salisbury.
The draft will address:
• Historic Preservation Commission procedures
• Collaboration between preservation organizations
• Effective enforcement of Certificates of Appropriateness
• Awareness of historic resources, districts and economic benefits
• Access to information for property owners and best practices
• Neighborhood livability and protection of community character
Residents are encouraged to attend the meeting, review the draft plan and provide feedback.
Comments received will help the committee identify any gaps in the plan or additions that might be needed.
Contact reporter Emily Ford at 704-797-4264.