Spencer home wins award
SPENCER — Harold and Gayle Rabon won the Albert Stout Award during the Spencer Community Appearance Commission’s annual awards banquet.
The Rabons, who live on Charles Street in Spencer, were among 16 residents and businesses honored during the awards ceremony Thursday at the Spencer Woman’s Club for making an effort to keep Spencer beautiful.
The Rabons’ names are on a plaque with seven previous award winners, displayed in Town Hall.
The annual awards are intended to boost community pride and inspire others to invest in their property and improve the quality of life in Spencer.
Also at the banquet, the Community Appearance Commission honored Tom and Dottie Abramowski for their continued support to the town. Pam Whitley, a former CAC member, was also recognized for many years of dedicated service.
For information or to recommend a home or business for the award, please contact Spencer Town Hall at 704-633-2231 or online at www.ci.spencer.nc.us.
The following were honored:
• Shiver McGraw – 214 11th St.
• Philip and Kim Sparger – 608 7th St.
• Jody and Melinda Everhart – 525 Steeplechase Trail
• David Adams – 508 5th St.
• Franklin Jr. and Kathleen Pifferetti – 106 17th St.
• David and April Lamanno – 210 S. Rowan Ave.
• Magnolia Gardens – 1404 S. Salisbury Ave.
• Katherine Clark – 917 2nd St.
• Packaging Corporation of America – 1302 N. Salisbury Ave.
• Suzanne Oliver, Gentian Hill Farm – 130 Steeplechase Trail
• Nancy Blackwell – 324 S. Whitehead Ave.
• Catherine Harrison – 310 Harrison St.
• Harold and Gayle Rabon – 510 Charles St.
• Craig and Sarah Powers – 3 Beauregard Drive
• Daryl and Su-Lin Johnson – 200 S. Rowan Ave.
• Tracy Aitken and Giuseppe Lopriorre – 401 8th St.
Contact reporter Emily Ford at 704-797-4264.