Couple home from hospital after house fire

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, March 22, 2011

By Shelley Smith
ssmith@salisburypost.com
SALISBURY — Joey and Samantha Doolittle are home from the hospital, but must start their lives over, and start over without their 10-week-old son, Jacob, who died in the family’s East Spencer home after it caught fire early Friday morning.
Joey and Samantha were flown to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center for severe burns after trying to save Jacob from the fire.
Every belonging Joey, Samantha and their three-year-old son, Zachary, was lost in the fire.
“We lost everything,” Samantha said Monday afternoon.
The Doolittles were trying to finalize funeral arrangements Monday, they said, but have an immediate concern. They have no way of paying for the more than $3,000 cost of Jacob’s funeral.
“We need help with the head stone, graveyard, funeral,” Samantha said.
The Doolittles are staying with family in the area until they can get back on their feet. And the Elizabeth Hanford Dole Chapter of the American Red Cross is helping them with food and clothing, and also donating a portion of the funeral costs.
Whitley’s Funeral Home in Kannapolis is handling funeral arrangements.

Comments

Comments closed.