Published 12:00 am Monday, January 31, 2011
• Salisbury City Council, 4 p.m., City Hall, 217 S. Main St. (Shown on Access16 Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays at 9 a.m., 3 p.m., 8 p.m.)
• China Grove Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 205 Swink St., China Grove.
• Piedmont Players Theatre’s “Three Musketeers” — 7:30 p.m., Feb. 2-5. A comical musical. $12 adult, $10 student/senior, box office opens Jan. 24. Meroney Theater, 213 S. Main St. 704-633-5471, www.piedmontplayers. com.
Thursday, Feb. 3
• AARP Local Chapter Meeting, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., 1 p.m. Occupational therapist will demonstrate adaptive equipment for older drivers. The local AARP chapter offers members a variety of community service, education, advocacy, leadership and fellowship opportunities. Senior citizens age 50 and older are encouraged to attend the informative meetings and join the local chapter. Dues are $3 per year. Members do not have to be retired. Visitors are always welcome. 704-216-7714.
• Know Your Options panel, professionals who work with seniors and a valuable resource for seniors and their families, program at 11:30 a.m., Kannapolis Cannon Y. For luncheon reservations and additional information, contact Susan Wear @ Gentiva Home Health 704-933-1001.
• Old Courthouse Theatre’s “Divorce Southern Style” — 8 p.m., Feb. 3-5, 11-12, 18-19; 2:30 p.m., Feb. 6, 13, 20, tickets $15/$12/$10, 49 Spring St,. SW, Concord, www.oldcourthousetheatre.org. 704-788-2405.
• Historic Salisbury Foundation’s 15th Annual Table Tops event; preview party 6 p.m. Thursday, $15 per person, $30 per couple. Luncheon Friday, beginning at noon, $25 per person. For more information or to make reservations call 704-636-0103. Also open for viewing Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. A $5 donation is suggested.
• Rowan Chamber of Commerce Friday Forum on “The Rowan County Airport: Its Present and Its Potential.” 7:30 – 9:00 a.m., Chamber’s Gateway Building, 204 E. Innes St. Call 704-633-4221.
• Ashley Jo Farmer and Neil Cribbs perform, Black Box Theatre at the Looking Glass Artist Collective. Doors open at 7:30. $5 Admission. Concessions available. www.salisburyartists.com
• Flapjack fundraiser for North Hills Christian School Senior Class trip, Applebee’s, 205 Faith Road, 7 a.m. Tickets, $6, can be purchased by contacting Mary Lindsaye Boyd at 704-252-7654. Breakfast includes a short stack of pancakes, sausage, milk, juice and coffee.
• Landscaping with North Carolina Native Plants, 10 a.m., Hurley Park presents Katherine Schlosser in a slide lecture at Salisbury/Rowan Utilities, 1 Water St. email@example.com. 704-638-4459
• 15th Annual Father/Daughter Dance, Salisbury Civic Center, 6-9 p.m. For girls ages 4-13. $6 for daughters and $8 for fathers.
• Superbowl Sunday.
Monday, Feb. 7
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 3 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners work session, 3:30 p.m., Cabarrus County Governmental Center, 65 Church Street, SE, Concord.
• Landis Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 312 S. Main St., Landis.
• Cleveland Town Board of Commissioners, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 302 E. Main St.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
• Salisbury Post Senior Expo, Salisbury Mall, 10 a.m.-2 p.m
• Faith Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall, 100 N. Main St., Faith.
• Salisbury Planning Board, 4 p.m., Council Chambers, City Hall, 217 S. Main St.
• Spencer Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Spencer Municipal Building, 600 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer.
Friday, Feb. 11
• Salisbury Ghost Walk: special Valentine ghost walk — 7 p.m., adults $10, students $5, reservations recommended, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-213-4232.
• “A Night of Jazz and Swing” — 7:30 p.m., tickets $15. Featuring the Brubakers, Salisbury Swing Band, Lonnie Carpenter. Proceeds benefit Rowan Helping Ministries. Meroney Theater, 213 S. Main St., 704-798-2821, Lonniec923@yahoo.com.
SATURDAY, Feb. 12
• “Off Your Rocker” rock-a-thon — 8:30 a.m. opening ceremony, Cabarrus County Senior Center fundraiser. 12-hour event, silent auction, live auction, car show, dinner dance featuring the Fantastic Shakers. General admission (no dinner dance) $7 adults, $4 children 5-12, free children younger than 5. Dinner dance and all events $30 individual, $50 couple. Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, 704-920-3484.
MONDAY, Feb. 14
• Solitaire Valentine’s breakfast: 8:30 a.m., Rufty-Holmes annual Valentine gathering for local older ladies who are widowed or otherwise single on Valentine’s Day. Free; pre-register by calling 704-216-7715. Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 120 S. MLK Jr. Ave.
WEDNESDAY, Feb. 16
• Newcomers fourth annual luncheon, fashion show, game and card party — Doors open 11 a.m., Feb. 16, noon lunch catered by Creative Gourmet, fashion show by Virginia’s of Kannapolis modeled by Newcomer members, cards and games follow lunch. Tickets $20, 704-209-6280. All proceeds go to Rowan Helping Ministries and Woman’s Crisis Center. Civic Center, 315 MLK Jr. Ave. S.