1. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
2. Stoneman’s Raid, 1865, by Chris Hartley.
3. Let the Great World Spin, by Colum McCann.
4. Autobiography of Mark Twain, by Mark Twain.
5. The Sacred Balance: Rediscovering Our Place in Nature (updated), by David T. Suzuki.
6. Stones Into Schools, by Greg Mortenson.
7. Best Garden Plants for North Carolina, by Pam Beck.
8. The Whistling Season, by Ivan Doig.
9. Just Kids, by Patti Smith.
10. Earth: The Sequel, by Fred Krupp.
1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, by Stieg Larsson.
2. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett.
3. Freedom, by Jonathan Franzen.
4. Room, by Emma Donoghue.
5. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk, by David Sedaris.
6. An Object of Beauty, by Steve Martin.
7. The Sentry, by Robert Crais.
8. The Confession, by John Grisham.
9. Clara and Mr. Tiffany, by Susan Vreeland.
10. The Empty Family: Stories, by Colm Toibin.
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story, by Laura Hillenbrand.
2. Cleopatra, by Stacy Schiff.
3. Autobiography of Mark Twain, by Mark Twain.
4. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, by Amy Chua.
5. Life, by Keith Richards.
6. Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life, by Karen Armstrong.
7. Bird Cloud: A Memoir, by Annie Proulx.
8. I Remember Nothing, by Nora Ephron.
9. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot.
10. The Investment Answer: Learn to Manage Your Money & Protect Your Financial Future, by Gordon Murray, Daniel C. Goldie.