Deadline for posters is 5 p.m.
• Autism Support Group Monthly Coffee Break, noon- 1 p.m, Thursday, Jan. 27 and subsequent fourth Thursdays, Port City Java, 1804 W. Innes St. Learn new information, share experiences and support. Information: Partners in Learning, 704-638-9020.
• Rowan Brain Injury Support Group, 7 p.m. fourth Thursday, Jan. 27, Easter Seals/ UCP office, 600 W. Innes St. To support people with acquired brain Injury and/or TBI, their families, care givers or anyone interested-all are welcome. Nadine Cherry, 980-622-7732 or Jane Jackman, The Arc of Rowan, 704-637-1521.
• Bone marrow drive, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 29: simple swab of mouth to see if you can register to be a bone marrow donor, snacks and drinks, Southside Baptist Church, 500 Morlan Park Road. 704-633-1419.
• Astronomical Society of Rowan County, 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 29, 1920 Deal Road, Mooresville. Election of new officers followed by star-gazing, weather permitting. 704-855-1591, 704-857-2788.
• Soldier Memorial AME Zion Thursday noon services, organ music for solitude and prayer, not a formal service; 306 N. Church St,. corner of Church and Liberty Streets behind courthouse.