Severe weather wireless tips
Severe winter weather can cause power outages and if you have to get on the roads, your wireless device can be more important than ever. Verizon Wireless offers the following safety tips:
• Limit non-emergency calls to conserve battery power and free up wireless networks for emergency agencies and operations.
• Send brief text messages rather than making voice calls for the same reasons.
• Don’t leave the house without car-chargers to ensure you have back-up power.
• Keep phones, laptops, PDAs, batteries, chargers and other equipment in a dry, accessible location.
• Forward your home phone calls to your wireless number if you have to evacuate.
• Save emergency phone numbers in your cell phone with one-touch dialing.