Blotter: Presents stolen on Deck Lane
A Salisbury woman who was gone from home a few hours on Christmas Eve returned to find jewelry, electronics and Christmas gifts stolen.
Amber McGarrell of Deck Lane told the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office she left around 5:30 p.m. and returned shortly before midnight.
Someone had forced their way into the house and taken a Sanyo TV, assorted jewelry and gifts worth $1,100.
Other Sheriff’s Office reports or charges:
– Hawley C. Klouse, Ervin Loop, China Grove, reported the theft of $2,700 worth of equipment from 935 Lentz Road between Dec. 21 and Dec. 22.
Items taken included a Munsey transmission, a pallet jack and a woodstove.
– Stephen Bradley Sechler, 22, of 1125 Double J Lane, was charged with child abuse. According to a report, he left his daughter at home alone while he drove to China Grove and broke a window in a house. He was stopped by a deputy while returning home.
– Michael Edward Caulder, was charged with second degree burglary of a home at 1155 Sandvika Lane.
– After a vehicle fled a traffic checkpoint in the Landis area, Charles Ronaldo Graham and Ricky Russell were charged with felony possession of cocaine.
– Jerry Dean Sadler was charged with carrying a concealed handgun.
– Benton Ricks Whitaker was charged with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver a controlled substance.
– Robert Henry McMahon was charged with felony larceny.
– Brandon Lee Michael was charged with maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance.
– Emily Mullis Eudy, was charged with possession of cocaine.
– Alan Ray Amos was charged with possession of a weapon by a felon.