Davie Senior Services offers activities
Published 12:00 am Thursday, December 17, 2009
MOCKSVILLE ó Davie County Senior Sevices offers the following opportunities:
– Card and game nightó Thursday, Jan. 7, 6-7:30 p.m., Multipurpose Room A, free. Open to adults 55 and older and exceptions under the general participation policy.
– Monthly Movie: “Confessions of a Shopaholic” Monday, Jan. 11, 2 p.m. MP Rooms A and B, free. RSVP by Jan. 4.
– Town Hall meeting-Senior Tarheel Legislature ó Wednesday, Jan. 13, 10:30 a.m., Multipurpose Room B. Speaker: Vernon Dull, Davie County Senior Tarheel legislator. RSVP by Jan. 6.
The Senior Tarheel Legislature was created to provide information to seniors on the legislative process and matters being considered by the NC General Assembly, to promote citizen involvement and advocacy concerning aging issues and to assess the legislative needs of older citizens by convening a forum modeled after the NC General Assembly. Davie County’s delegate will update us about what is happening in the Senior Tarheel Legislature and what priorities have been set. These meetings are open to adults of all ages – no children please.
– Bingo ó Thursday, Jan. 14, 1 p.m., MP Room B, free. Sponsor: Mocksville Civitan Club. RSVP by Jan. 7. Quarterly Bingo game with prizes and refreshments. Free. Open to adults 55 and older and exceptions under the general participation policy.
At Farmington site: – The Importance of Blood Donation and Self-Storage ó Wednesday, Jan. 6, 10:30 a.m. Speaker: Patrick Antrium, American Red Cross, free. RSVP by Dec. 30.
Learn about the importance of blood donation and giving your blood to be used for yourself later. Limited to the first 25 to register. Qualifies for Destination Fitness drawing.
– Tea Party ó Tuesday, Jan. 12, 10:30 .am.. free. RSVP by Jan. 5.
If you have a favorite teacup, feel free to bring it. Limited to the first 25 to register.
– Show and tell-share your hobby ó Thursday, Jan. 21, 10:30 a.m. RSVP by Jan. 14.
Bring in things that relate to your favorite hobby and tell the group about them. Limited to the first 25 to register.
For more information call 336-753-6230.