Residents lose everything in fire

Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Staff reportThe Rowan County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a fire that destroyed a mobile home Tuesday afternoon.
The fire on PembrookDrive near Sam Miller Carpet store off West C Street left three people homeless.
The Hanford Dole Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the two women and 5-year-old child, providing two nights in a hotel.
A Red Cross official said anyone wanting to assist the family may make monetary donations to the American Red Cross, 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd. W.
Deborah Lineberger, director of emergency services for the local Red Cross chapter, said anyone who has clothing, furniture or other items to donate may call the Red Cross at 704-633-3854 and leave a phone number for the fire victims to contact.
Enochville, Kannapolis, Landis and Atwell fire departments responded to the call shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Heavy smoke was visible from half a mile away.
Firefighters were on the scene for around two hours.
The residents were home when the fire started.
The mobile home was a total loss, along with the contents.
The cause was not immediately known.