Salisbury woman faces drug charges
Staff reportA Liberty Road resident has been charged with growing marijuana and maintaining a dwelling to keep and store a controlled substance.
Betty Linger Buchanan, 730 Liberty Rd., was arrested Tuesday by the Rowan Sheriff’s Office.
The charges followed a Nov. 17 investigation by the Criminal Investigation Division, which executed a search warrant at the home.
Detective Lt. C.A. Moose reported seizing one marijuana plant from what was described as minor indoor growing operation.
Reports, incidents and charges from Dec. 7:
– A .44 Ruger Red Hawk handgun with a 10-inch scope was reported stolen from the home of Larry Franklin Pruett, 615 Will Black Road. The gun was taken between July 12 and Dec. 7.
– Amber Dawn Dagostino, 22, was charged with felony attempt and conspiracy.
Reports, incidents and charges from Dec. 8:
– Victoria McDonald Lomax, 550 Lomax Drive, reported the theft of a woodsplitter valued at $2,500. The theft occurred between Aug. 1 and Dec. 8.
– Travis Alan Padgett, 16, was charged with simple possession of a controlled substance, a hydrocodone pill, at East Rowan High School.
– Crystal Michelle Love, 1484 Cannon St., Rockwell, reported the theft of a shotgun from her home.
Reports, incidents and charges from Dec. 9:
– Gerald Dwight Ridenhour, Rockwell, was charged with felony breaking and entering.