Vandals shoot school buses with paintballs
Vandals shot four school buses parked at Knollwood Elementary School, 3075 Shue Road, with paintballs, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
William D. Robertson reported the incident occurred between Dec. 1 and 4 and resulted in $50 damage.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Candice Uniqueka Cherry, 22, 125 N. Oakhurst St., was charged Dec. 4 with breaking and/or entering, larceny and possession of stolen goods and property, all felonies. She was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 6 first appearance in court.
* Kim A. Stillson of Salisbury reported Dec. 4 that a $500 set of encyclopedias and 850 bottles of nail polish valued at $3,000 had been stolen from her burned-out house at 470 Main Sail Drive sometime since June 1.
* Timothy Leonard Besmer, 461 Preston Ridge Lane, Rockwell, reported 89 blank checks were stolen from his home between Nov. 29 and Dec. 4.
* Jennifer Nicole Locke, 908 N. Enochville Ave., China Grove, reported a burglar broke into her home Dec. 4. Nothing was missing, but damage to a door and window totaled $400.
* Kimberly Michelle Cowan of Salisbury reported her 1995 green Dodge vehicle was stolen from an open area at 720 Roseman Road Dec. 3 or 4. It is valued at $2,000.
* Emily Ann Goforth, 21, 3260 Back Creek Church Road, Mount Ulla, was charged Dec. 4 with making harassing phone calls based on a complaint by Donny Nowlin Jr. of Olin. Trial date is Jan. 2.* Michael Anthony Keaton, 23, 4675 Needmore Road, Cleveland, was charged Dec. 4 with possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and resisting a public officer at 4995 Foster Road, Cleveland. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 6 first appearance in court.
* Charles Edward Torrence, 51, 824 Perry Road, Troutman, was charged Dec. 4 with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance at 4995 Foster Road, Cleveland. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 6 first appearance in court.
* Jeff Kimball Richards of China Grove reported a car stereo and truck seat stolen from a Southern Truck Equipment vehicle parked at a business at 2235 E. N.C. 152 between Dec. 1 and 4. Total loss was $1,200.
* Allen Jacob French of Bonifay, Fla., reported someone broke into his work trailer while it was parked at a construction site at 7900 Statesville Blvd., Cleveland, between Dec. 1 and 4. Tools stolen totaled $4,130 in value.
* Craig Cline Myers of Cleveland reported welding leads and holders valued at $500 from Myers Forest Products, 355 Barber-Junction Road, Cleveland, the night of Dec. 4.
* Randy Charles Lomax of Spencer reported a utility trailer valued at $1,300 was stolen from 1015 Main Sail Drive the night of Dec. 4.
* Robert Frederick Dickerson of Salisbury reported someone damaged both the front and back doors at property he rents at 205 Chesapeake Drive the night of Dec. 4. Damage totaled $700.
* Stephen Douglas Creswell, 485 Wal Hollow Lane, reported guns valued at $1,190 stolen during a Dec. 5 burglary at his home.
* Archie Feriold Hunt, 2195 Amity Hill Road, Cleveland, reported the theft of a $1,200 pull box paver from his property between Oct. 14 and Dec. 5.
* Tammy Diane Ramirez, 35, 961 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill, was charged Dec. 5 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Rita Faye Underdown, 1049 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill. Trial date is Jan. 25.
* Edane Castillo Ramirez, 29, 961 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill, was charged Dec. 5 with assault with a deadly weapon based on a complaint by Rita Faye Underdown, 1049 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 25.
* Shannon Lane Finney, 1093A Cornerstone Lane, reported someone broke into her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of Nov. 30 and stole a DVD player. Total loss was $750.
* Charles T. Koontz, 375 Foster Road, Cleveland, reported a burglar broke into his barn the night of Nov. 30 and stole a saddle, string trimmer and saw. Total loss was $1,600.
* Allan Storie, a Sundrop Bottling Co. employee, reported someone broke into a drink machine at Sandy Ridge Service, 880 N.C. 153, the night of Nov. 30 and stole change inside it. Total loss was $200.
* Frank Cicci of Frank Cicci Racing Inc., 203 Performance Road, Mooresville, reported Dec. 1 that a racing transmission and two driving suits stolen from a trailer parked at the business between Sept. 5 and Oct. 1. Total loss was $9,000.
* Don Hardin of Rockwell, an employee at Payless Auto Sales, 7669 U.S. 52, reported two 15-inch wheels and tires stolen the night of Nov. 30 from behind a building at the business.
* Hoyle Vernon Ridenhour, 2055 Goodson Road, reported his mailbox, which resembles a large fishing lure, was stolen the night of Nov. 30. The box is valued at $75.
* Janette Lingle Brown of Salisbury reported Nov. 2 that someone has been using her credit card to make out-of-state purchases since Oct. 2.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post A man who served 16 years on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners admits he... read more