Vandals take an ax to man’s car for break-in
Vandals used an ax to break the front driver’s-side window out of a local man’s car, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Matthew Charles Barr reported the incident occurred the night of Dec. 15 while his vehicle was parked at 19 Pine Tree Road.
In other Police Department reports:
* Janet Jarrell reported a burglar broke into Avon Sales and Training Center, 807B S. Jake Alexander Blvd., the night of Dec. 15.
* A burglar broke into Modern Beauty & Barber Shop, 404 S. Craige St., Dec. 16. Damage to a window totaled $500.
* Shann Laray Womble reported the Dec. 16 theft of a drill from a construction site at 107 Belfry Court.
* Stanley Bethea reported a burglar broke into 324 Mahaley Ave. Dec. 16.
* Alice Hudson Ketcham, 200 Stonewall Road, reported her purse was stolen from her home Dec. 16.
* Lionel Keith Lewis, 45, was charged Dec. 16 with misdemeanor larceny at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
* Marcus Keith Thompson, 35, 512 Harrell St., was charged Dec. 17 with assault by strangulation based on a complaint by Jacqueline Terry, 639 Linn Lane. He was held pending a Dec. 18 bond hearing.
* Bridgette Desiree Woodson reported two computers and $300 in cash stolen during a Dec. 16 burglary at 629 W. Bank St.
* Tina Lynn Zollars reported items stolen from 306 N. Jackson St. the night of Dec. 16.
* Sylvestor Kyles reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 1309 Standish St. Dec. 17.
* Marcherry Danielle Hill reported her car was stolen from 1120 Short St. the night of Dec. 16.
* Carl Edward Blue, 404 S. Merritt Ave., reported the Dec. 17 theft of items valued at $950 from his storage building.
* Darrell Maurice Sharpe reported the Dec. 17 theft of an aquarium from 416 N. West St.
* David Wayne Whitlatch, 1401 Walker St., reported someone broke into his storage building Dec. 17.
* Frankie Wayne Bailey reported his motorcycle was stolen while it was parked at Outback Steak House, 1020 E. Innes St., Dec. 17.
* Oliver Rodger Pruett, 108 W. Harrison St., reported two bulbs stolen from a string of Christmas lights in his front yard the night of Dec. 16.
* Frank Lee Lambert, 49, was charged Dec. 17 with concealment of merchandise. He is accused of attempting to steal items valued at $39.18 from Food Lion, 251 Faith Road.
* Jason Michael Mynatt reported someone broke into his vehicle while it was parked at 1710 Old Wilkesboro Road between Dec. 14 and 17 and stole a cup of change.
* Betty Tunks reported vandals damaged basketball goals at Overton Elementary School, 1825 W. Park Road, between Dec. 15 and 18.
* Joel Martin Hosch-Cathcart, 16, and a 15-year-old juvenile were charged Dec. 18 with simple assault on each other in the cafeteria at Salisbury High School, 500 Lincolnton Road.
* Adrianne Nicole Wylie reported someone fraudulently used her checking account Nov. 14 at 500 W. Innes St.
* Landaverde Jose Tejada reported his cell phone was stolen from a vehicle parked at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., Dec. 18.
* Stephen Wayne Thompson reported golf clubs valued at $1,295 stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., between Dec. 15 and 18.
* Maria Christina Mendoza, 2368 Statesville Blvd., reported the theft of a $500 laptop computer during a Dec. 18 burglary at her home.
* Andrea Rebecca Stanback, 40, 804 Ryan St., was charged Dec. 16 with food stamp fraud.
* Benjamin Lewis Hawotte, 27, 421 S. Lee St., was charged Dec. 17 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Ashley Fawn Thomas, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Jan. 25.
* Christina Louise Chalfant-Barfield, 37, 404 Springate Court, Mary Esteher, Fla., was charged Dec. 18 with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a Dec. 19 first appearance in court.
* Edward Keith Suggs, 48, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged Dec. 15 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public official, assault on a government official and second-degree trespassing at 605 N. Lee St. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a Feb. 6 trial date.
Kannapolis man steals Mooresville car
Daryl Dean Aistrop Jr., 17, 8254 Smith Road, Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 10 with felony larceny of a motor vehicle.
He is accused of stealing Jody Allen Leazer’s truck from 8415 W. N.C. 152, Mooresville, on Dec. 8. Aistrop was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 12 first appearance in court.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Frankie Jo Bass, 58, and John Walter Bass, 55, both of 918 W. Chapel St., Landis, were charged Dec. 8 with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile based on a complaint by Katrina Bass, 501 S. Correll St., Landis. They were held under $500 secured bond each pending a Jan. 11 trial date.
* Arnold L. Heilig of Lexington reported vandals broke a rear window in a mobile home he owns at 7939 Bringle Ferry Road between Dec. 1 and 8. Damage totaled $150.
* Jessica Renee Yates, 975 Kepley Road, reported her wallet, which contained $324 in cash, was stolen from her home Dec. 8.
* Laura Wetmore Brown of Salisbury reported Dec. 8 that someone had made 19 unauthorized transactions on her credit card.
* Scottie Allan Hill, 4480 Mount Hope Church Road, reported a tree stand valued at $225 was stolen from the woods behind his house between Dec. 2 and 8.
* John G. Lawson, 6230 S. Main St., reported a burglar entered his home Dec. 8.
* Jose R. Velasquez Cortez Import of Guatemala reported a 1994 Toyota truck stolen from Recovery Road the night of Dec. 7.
* Sandy E. Threatt of Greensboro reported $485 worth of items stolen from a house she owns at 1035 Partee Drive between Nov. 18 and Dec. 9.
* Daniel Lee Russell, 22, 249 Westhaven Way, China Grove, was charged Dec. 9 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a Jan. 18 trial date.
* Patricia Sue Walther of Cleveland reported Dec. 9 that she had discovered unauthorized payment charged on her credit card.
* Todd Jefferson Fullerton of Kannapolis reported a $515 shotgun stolen from his canoe while he was fishing at 4450 River Road, Richfield, Dec. 9.
* Charles Honbarger, 1250 Peeler Road, was charged Dec. 9 with possession of drug paraphernalia at his home.
* A vehicle stolen Dec. 7 from James Lyerly at his 2055 Sides Road home was recovered Dec. 9 off Carmi Lane.
* Susan E. Gibson, 2655 Cannon Farm Road, China Grove, reported Dec. 10 that a $300 generator had been stolen from her basement.
* Rodney Darrell Orbison, 33, 17110 Mooresville Road, Mooresville, was charged Dec. 10 with felony possession of cocaine at his home. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Jan. 9 trial date.
* A 13-year-old boy was charged Dec. 10 with injury to real property for punching a hole in a bathroom wall at his Ephraim Drive home.
* Cindy Cline Poe, 360 Mountain View Drive, reported someone shot her bedroom window causing $125 damage between Dec. 2 and 10.
* Wayne Milton Campbell, 1145 Glover Road, reported the license tag was stolen off his truck while it was parked at his home between Dec. 3 and 10.
* Lawrence Edward Safley, 1515 Gheen Road, reported $75 worth of Christmas decorations stolen from his yard Dec. 9 or 10.
* Elizabeth Christine Clayton of China Grove reported a 1993 Toyota valued at $3,000 stolen while it was parked at 150 Ed Deal Road Dec. 10.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post A man who served 16 years on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners admits he... read more