Money stolen from school classrooms
Money was stolen from several classrooms during a burglary at Millbridge Elementary School, 155 Ed Deal Road, China Grove, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
Principal K.G. Isenhour reported the break-in occurred the night of Dec. 14 after someone slipped in through an unsecured window at the school.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Semeramis Elizabeth Ponos, 3305 Old Concord Road, reported a $310 chainsaw and gas stolen from her storage building between Dec. 8 and 14.
* Rebecca Jane Barringer, 57, 2310 Woodsdale St., Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 15 with resisting, obstructing and/or delaying a public officer. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 5.
* Hoyle V. Ridenhour, 2055 Goodson Road, reported rods, reels, a tackle box and lures stolen from a boat parked on his property between Nov. 29 and Dec. 15. Total loss was $285.
* Cassie Nicole Watson, 107 Courtney Lane, reported her purse containing $147 in cash was stolen from under her pillow while she was asleep Dec. 15.
* Tracorvis Levon Strickland, 23, 2120 Walnut Ridge Court, was charged Dec. 15 with possession of less than & aelig; ounce of marijuana following a vehicle stop on I-85 at Exit 68. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Jan. 18 trial date.
* Andrew J. Kauffman, 1015 Gheen Road, reported a red four-wheeler valued at $1,000 stolen from his property Dec. 15.
* Deandrea Desmond of Salisbury reported someone used her Paypal account fraudulently to order two cell phones Dec. 14 or 15.
* Jim Maddry of Salisbury reported the theft of $2,200 worth of tools and a $10 bill the night of Dec. 15 from a house being built at 150 McNair Circle.
* George Clifford Kluttz Jr., 1735 Kluttz Road, reported Dec. 16 that vandals had driven through his yard and damaged Christmas decorations.
* Michelle Dawn Medlin, 32, 128 Pollianna Drive, was charged Dec. 16 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Tammy Suber, 735 Ned Marsh Road. Trial date is Jan. 11.
* David Lee Kendrick of Salisbury reported the Dec. 16 theft of his cell phone from a field at 715 Sides Road.
* Perry Harkey of Salisbury reported Dec. 16 that someone had broken into the Spencer Moose Lodge Recreation Building, 6405 Long Ferry Road.
* Stan Gillean of Stan’s Cars, 5420 Statesville Blvd., reported items valued at $2,600 stolen during a burglary at the business between Dec. 14 and 16.
* Trina Bungard, 420 Chesapeake Drive, reported someone loosened lug nuts on one wheel of her vehicle while it was parked at her home Dec. 12 and 13.
* Leah Wilson of Salisbury reported her purse was stolen while she was at work Dec. 16 at Hot Spot on South Main Street.
* Joel Christopher Leatherman of Woodleaf reported a 1986 pickup truck valued at $500 stolen from a business at 2105 Needmore Road, Woodleaf, on Dec. 17.
* Tina Michelle Sellers, 28, 8606 Smith Road, Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 17 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Kimberly Anne Strother of Harrisburg. Trial date is Jan. 4 in Cabarrus District Court, Concord.
* Danny Ray Jordan, 107 Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis, reported the theft of his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of Dec. 16.
* David Gordon Edwards Jr., 221 Suncreek Lane, Salisbury, reported vandals broke windows in a vehicle parked at his home the night of Dec. 15.
* Eugene L. Sexton, 3285 Needmore Road, reported a $3,000 four-wheeler was stolen from a shed at his home Dec. 17.
* Matthew Bailey Lowe of Clayton reported vandals scratched his vehicle while it was parked at the Jehovah Witness Assembly Hall, 3401 Old Concord Road, Dec. 17. Damage totaled $3,000.
* Tracey M. Watson, 1195 Scout Road, reported the license tag was stolen off her truck while it was parked at her home the night of Dec. 16.
* Brian Dale Hodges, 2308 W. C St., Kannapolis, reported a $20,000 travel trailer stolen from his property Dec. 17.
* John Frank Beaver of Mount Ulla reported the theft of a $4,500 cement mixer and utility trailer from a construction site in the 6600 block of Jones Road the night of Dec. 17.
* Anne Ramsey, 1047 Quail Haven Drive, Rockwell, reported vandals threw eggs at the home Dec. 8.
* Mark Obugene, 127 Winged Elm Lane, Mooresville, was charged Dec. 18 with communicating threats. He was held pending a bond hearing.
* Ted Williams Luther, 455 Cline Road, Mount Ulla, reported a burglar broke into his barn the night of Dec. 17 and stole an $8,300 four-wheeler.
* Kenneth Aaron Trexler of Salisbury reported thefts at two construction sites on Green Heather Drive between Dec. 15 and 17. Total loss was $2,729.
* Cristal Lyn DeGraw, 560 Deck Lane, reported prescription medication stolen from her home during a Dec. 18 burglary.
* Thomas N. Brown of Richfield, reported someone caused $1,650 damage to his 1595 Crescent Road apartment Dec. 17.
* Harold Monroe Allen, 2865 S. River Church Road, Woodleaf, reported farm implements valued at $650 were stolen from a field on his property between Dec. 3 and 17.
* Lester E. Gardner, 414 St. John’s Drive, reported $60 damage to his mailbox Dec. 18.
* Michelle Baxter, 32, 3235 Deal Road, Mooresville, was charged Dec. 18 with a school attendance law violation. Trial date is Jan. 24.
* Lucas McKee reported Dec. 18 that vandals broke windows in his vehicle with rocks.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post A man who served 16 years on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners admits he... read more