Published 12:00 am Thursday, December 3, 2009
Vandals damage beacon on top of WSAT radio tower
Vandals caused $4,500 damage to the beacon light on top of the WSAT radio tower at 1525 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The incident occurred Dec. 11.
In other Police Department reports:
* A 23-year-old male was cut with a knife Dec. 18 at 1118 W. Horah St.
* Eduardo Lopez, 50 Lakewood Drive, reported someone shot into his apartment Dec. 18.
* Landaverde Jose Tejada reported his cell phone was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., Dec. 18.
* A Tri-State Precision International truck was stolen Dec. 19 from 1400 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
* Jason James Knoll, 35, 907 S. Jackson St., was charged Dec. 19 with assault on a female and communicating threats based on a complaint by Stacy Ellen Price, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Jan. 11.
* Jessie Lee Riddle reported pills valued at $200 were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., Dec. 18.
* Stacy Ellen Price reported the license tag was stolen off her vehicle while it was parked in the 900 block of South Jackson Street between Dec. 17 and 19.
* Ruby Nell Holt reported vandals broke a window at 1229 Old Wilkesboro Road on Dec. 19.
* Anthony Lamar Andrews reported a burglar broke into 1031 Old Plank Road Dec. 19.
* Officers are investigating a report that someone entered a Bost Street home the night of Dec. 19 and raped a female inside.
* Jo Ann Riley, 57, 7 Gold Hill Circle, was charged Dec. 19 with two counts of felony trafficking in heroin. She was held under $50,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 21 first appearance in court.
* Timothy Lane Whitaker, 26, 5675 Birdie Drive, was charged Dec. 19 with misdemeanor larceny. Trial date is Jan. 23.
Thief takes 24 Subaru transmissions
Rowan County Sheriff’s Department are looking for the thief who stole 24 Subaru transmissions from a local shop.
Jimmie Claude Higgins of China Grove, reported the transmissions, valued at $150 each, were stolen from Higgins Automotive, 4325 S. Main St., Dec. 13 or 14. The suspect also caused $800 damage to the front end of a Subaru wagon.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* David Donnelle Martin, 26, 3046 Bear Poplar Road, Mount Ulla, was charged Dec. 17 with felony possession of a Schedule I controlled substance, maintaining a vehicle or dwelling to keep a controlled substance, trafficking in cocaine, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. He was held under $55,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court Dec. 19.
* Edward Shane Allman, 28, 455 Edgewood Road, was charged Dec. 17 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance and maintaining a vehicle or dwelling to keep a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of up to & aelig; ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was held under $6,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court Dec. 19.
* Robert Leon Dunn, 36, 1250 Keystone Drive, was charged Dec. 15 with felony failure to register as a sex offender. He was held under $25,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 18 first appearance in court.
* William Feather reported the theft of items valued at $2,465 from a house being built at 1145 Wetmore Road, Woodleaf, Dec. 12 or 13.
* Nyokka Chirsandra Witfield, 23, 7135 Albemarle Road, No. 126, Charlotte, was charged Dec. 14 with obtaining property by false pretense, forgery of instrument and uttering a forged instrument. She was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a Jan. 22 trial date.
* Claude Hosch, 3465 Chenault Road, Cleveland, reported items valued at $1,015 stolen during a burglary at his home between Dec. 10 and 14.
* Kimberly Nicole Holmes, 25, 302 S. Merritt Ave., was charged Dec. 14 with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. She was held under $200 secured bond pending a Jan. 24 trial date.
* Michael Ramon Pruitt, 32, 302 S. Merritt Ave., was charged Dec. 14 with possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance and felony possession of a firearm by a felon. He was held under $10,500 secured bond pending a Dec. 18 first appearance in court.
* Jerry Edward Barlow, 120 Barlow Lane, reported a firearm valued at $286 was stolen from his home between Dec. 12 and 14.
* Jorge Flores Perez, 27, 106 W. Ketchie St., China Grove, was charged Dec. 14 with assault and battery at 335 Hallmark Estates Drive based on a complaint by Josue Herriera Roman of Concord. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 12.
Gas tank stolen off riding lawnmower
Kimberly Cox Bassante, 275 Four Lakes Drive, Cleveland, reported someone cut the seat and stole the gas tank off her lawnmower while it was in her yard Dec. 3.
* David Shane Brady, 21, 1620 Surratt Road, Richfield, was charged Dec. 2 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Brandy Kendall, 675 Tanner Road. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 11.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Herbert Lee Carter of Salisbury reported items valued at $510 stolen out of his vehicle while it was parked at 536 Hickory Woods Drive the night of Dec. 2.
* A vehicle reported stolen by Mary M. Potts of Henderson from her daughter April Brady’s 630 Wyatts Grove Church Road, Gold Hill, home was found wrecked and abandoned Dec. 3.
* Jason Lee Overcash, an employee of the Concord Police Department who lives at 115 W. Park Drive, Rockwell, reported a $600 police-issue bulletproof vest stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of Dec. 1.
* Christopher Scott Ewing, 18, 8037 Unity Church Road, Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 3 with assault on a female. Trial date is Jan. 15.
* Terry Lee Fortney, 53, 635 Old Highway 80, Gold Hill, was charged Dec. 3 with misdemeanor child abuse, driving while impaired and driving while license revoked following a vehicle stop on High Rock Road at Barber Road. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Jan. 12 trial date.
* Mark Brandon Templeton, 31, 425 Panther Point Road, was charged Dec. 7 with possession of stolen goods. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 9 trial date.
* A juvenile was charged Nov. 29 with simple assault of another juvenile at Erwin Middle School, 170 St. Luke’s Church Road.
* James Lafevers Jr. of JKL Limited, 424 Delara Circle, reported the theft of an air conditioning unit and microwave oven from a house being built at 204 Equestrian Drive between Dec. 1 and 7. Total loss was $2,920.
* Eric Overton Bonds of Narvie Bonds Construction Co. reported the theft of a caterpillar bucket valued at $4,400 from a piece of machinery left at 3000 W. Innes St. between Dec. 1 and 4.
* Steve Fowler of Duke Energy reported the theft of $600 worth of copper wiring from a substation at 1250 Long Ferry Road the night of Dec. 4.
* Liliana Spears of Latin Mix No. 2, 3381 Old Mocksville Road, reported vandals shot two windows at the business the night of Dec. 6. Damage totaled $100.
* Chad Rae McDaniel, 4670 Third Creek Church Road, Cleveland, reported the theft of a gun, computer, video game and other items during a Dec. 7 burglary at his home. Total loss was $4,160.
* Steven L. Williams of Century Place Inc., 1455 Harrison Road, reported someone altered a check and cashed it for a larger amount Dec. 7.
* Crystal Dawn McCoy, 115 Rockwood Drive, reported a burglar broke into her home Dec. 7 and stole items valued at $510.