Fleeing burglar leaves trail of merchandise he took from West Innes Street store
A burglar left a trail of merchandise after fleeing when he set off an alarm at 1:35 a.m. Dec. 5, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The victim, Unal Avci, reported the intruder broke the front door glass at 1014 W. Innes St. to gain entry. Officers responding to the alarm found the merchandise from the store toward Old West Innes Street.
In other Police Department reports:
* Someone broke into a Mid Carolina Electrical Inc. storage vehicle while it was parked at 1399 E. Innes St. Dec. 4 and stole wire.
* Jonathan Seth Holshouser reported his truck was stolen from 1210 W. Monroe St. the night of Dec. 4.
* Suzanne Pearson Rose reported her wallet was stolen from her purse Dec. 5 at 1915 Mooresville Road.
* Reginald Dennis Neely, 45, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged Dec. 5 with defrauding an innkeeper. He is accused of ordering and consuming $45.78 worth of food and drinks at Outback Steakhouse, 1020 E. Innes St., and then leaving without paying. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a Jan. 10 trial date.
* Barbara Ann Jackson reported vandals cut three tires on her vehicle while it was parked at a 529 W. Marsh St. church Dec. 5.
* Robert Rocco Salvatore, 52, was charged Dec. 3 with assault on a female at 319 Bendix Drive.
* Reginald Terrell Leach, 16, 29 Kesler St., was charged Dec. 5 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 2 trial date.
* Michael Wayne Ellison, 33, 401 Heilig Ave., was charged Dec. 5 with simple assault based on a complaint by Channin S. Jackson, same address. He was held without bond pending issuing of commitment papers. Trial date is Jan. 24.
* Wesley Lamar Woods Jr., 17, 817 S. Ellis St., was charged Dec. 5 with assault on a government official. Trial date is Jan. 24.
* Items were stolen from a Frito Lay sales vehicle parked at 635 Industrial Ave. Dec. 5.
* Lisa Jaye Brown reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 113 Circle Drive the night of Dec. 6.
* Melinda Pettigrew Muire reported someone broke into her vehicle while it was parked at 222 Mitchell Ave. Dec. 6 and stole an empty box.
* Jared Cooper Knight reported the Dec. 6 theft of an Apple Ipod on the Catawba College campus at 2300 W. Innes St.
* Theresa Stevens Britt reported the Dec. 6 theft of $260 in cash from 430 Lash Drive.
* Sandra Luann Scheer reported a Dec. 6 burglary at 816 N. Lee St.
* Reginald Terrell Leach, 16, was charged Dec. 5 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer.
* Cabrairra Sanchez Robinson, 30, 1614 Standish St., No. 7B, was charged Dec. 6 with communicating threats and simple assault based on a complaint by Tracy Bernhardt, 717 Pinehurst St. Trial date is Jan. 4.
* Sylvia McCleave Murdock, 41, 1203 W. Bank St., was charged Dec. 6 with assault with a deadly weapon. She was held pending a Dec. 7 bond hearing.
* Cynthia Marie Pennington, 45, 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., was charged Dec. 8 with obtaining property by false pretense at the Holiday Inn, 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. She was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 11 first appearance in court.
* Benjamin Mostafa Radmard, 24, 3133 Landingview Drive, Charlotte, was charged Dec. 8 with felony possession of a controlled substance and resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 215 Depot St. He was held under $25,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 11 first appearance in court.
* Timothy Lamonte Barber, 44, 2628 Old Wilkesboro Road, was charged Dec. 11 with breaking and entering a building. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a Dec. 18 trial date.
* Calvin Eugene Hunter, 41, 138 Ridge Ave., was charged Dec. 11 with taking indecent liberties with children. He was held under $15,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 12 first appearance in court.
* Charles Clifton Freeman, 27, 960 Majolica Road, Martin Anthony Rogers, 23, 340 Montego Lane, and Michael Criag Weaver, 26, 2102 Englewood St., Kannapolis, were charged Dec. 10 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer on Harrison Road. They were released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 29.
Vandals damage mobile home
Robert Fulton Boone of Salisbury reported vandals caused $5,000 damage to the roof and exterior walls of a rental mobile home at 114 McCleave Road between Aug. 25 and Nov. 29.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Ricky James Mazza, 2505 Providence Church Road, reported items valued at $570 were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of Nov. 30.
* Brittany Leigh Chambers, 3865 Third Creek Church Road, Cleveland, was charged Dec. 2 with resisting, obstructing and delaying an officer.
* Crystal Thomas Campbell, 23, 1234 Tucker Lane, Gold Hill, was charged Dec. 1 with assault and battery based on a complaint by Jennifer Ruth Nance, 1775 Lentz Road, China Grove. Trial date is Jan. 11.
* A juvenile was charged with breaking and entering and possession of burglary tools Dec. 2 at Grace Bible Church, 6725 E. N.C. 152, Rockwell.
* Rodney Lane Burris, 32, 265 Hartman Road, was charged Dec. 2 with making harassing phone calls based on a complaint by Patricia Hellard, 230 Memory Lane. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 11.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post A man who served 16 years on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners admits he... read more