It wasn’t the Grinch who stole Christmas
A burglar stole Christmas presents and other items valued at a total of $15,875 from a Rowan County home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
Rocky Robert LaGasse, 259 Faith Farm Road, reported the crime occurred between between 5:20 and 11:15 a.m. Dec. 8.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Kitty Angel Anderson, 34, 640 Lake Fork Road, was charged Dec. 8 with misdemeanor child abuse. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 31.
* Michelle Napier Chapin, 33, 731 Rain Place, Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 8 with felony breaking and/or entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering and misdemeanor injury to real property. She was held under $500 secured bond pending a Dec. 12 first appearance in court.
* Larry Wayne Beam Jr., 32, 100 S. Arbor Drive, Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 10 with two counts of assault on a female based on a complaint by Jessica Jackson, Miller Street. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Jan. 29.
* James Wiseman Phelps of Mocksville reported the theft of $1,900 worth of tools and wire from Phelps Wood Products, 1625 Redmon Road, Cleveland, the night of Dec. 6.
Vehicle taken after home break-in
A burglar broke into a local woman’s home and then stole her vehicle, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Jenny Rebecca Foreman reported her 106 W. Miller St. home was entered the night of Dec. 9.
In other Police Department reports:
* A 43-year-old man was treated at Rowan Regional Medical Center’s emergency room Dec. 9 after he had been assaulted at a residence on Ryan Street.
* Three people were charged with misdemeanor larceny Dec. 10. They are accused of shoplifting two shopping carts full of items from Food Lion, 123 Mahaley Ave.
They are Latoya Sherell Bost, 19, Rhonna Lysa Woodruff, 31, and Zuleika Irene Ramseur, 19.
* A 32-year-old man was robbed at gunpoint Dec. 11 at Economy Inn, 322 Bendix Drive.
* Donnie Blake Weddington, a student at Livingstone College, 1100 W. Monroe St., reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked on West Monroe Street the night of Dec. 10.
* Danny Lee Parsons, 43, Dover, Del., was charged Dec. 11 with felony uttering a forged instrument at Suntrust Bank, 105 S. Avalon Drive. He is accused of trying to cash a fraudulent check for $3,060. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 14 first appearance in court.
* Items valued at $40 were shoplifted Dec. 11 from Inksane Tatoo, 1329 S. Main St.
* Arthur Kenneth Steinberg reported vandals damaged rental property at 308 S. Merritt Ave. between Dec. 1 and 11.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post A man who served 16 years on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners admits he... read more