Published 12:00 am Thursday, December 3, 2009
at Rowan Cemetery
Vandals damaged eternal lights at Rowan Cemetery, 4125 U.S. 601 between Dec. 15 and 19, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
Linda Gail Smith of Salisbury told deputies damage totaled $180.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Tony Mitchell, 42, 1201 N. Julip St., Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 19 with possession with intent to manufacture, sell, deliver cocaine and selling a Schedule II controlled substance, both felonies. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 21 first appearance in court.
* Chad Everette Jackson, 32, 300 Academy St., Apt. 26, Cleveland, was charged Dec. 19 with felony larceny. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 20 first appearance in court.
* Jody Leann Holshouser of Salisbury reported items valued at $100 stolen between Dec. 12 and 14 from a storage building at 174 Creekview Drive.
Salisbury walls see more gang graffiti
Gang graffiti was painted on the walls of the cafeteria and Lash Building at Salisbury High School, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The incident occurred the night of Dec. 19.
Two other incidents involving gang graffiti were reported Dec. 21.
In one, Maime Anderson reported gang graffiti was painted on West Thomas Street near her home. Walls at Zion Hills Apartments, 1624 Standish St., were also painted with the graffiti in the second report.
In other Police Department reports:
* Jo Ann Riley, 57, was charged Dec. 19 with felony trafficking in heroin at 7 Gold Hill Circle.
* Patricia Ann Williams, 47, was charged Dec. 19 with misdemeanor larceny at Big Lots in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
* Maria Fleming reported a burglar broke into Urban Fashions, 1620 S. Boundary St., Dec. 20 and stole clothing and cash.