Man charged with felony burning or attempt to burn building on Depot Street
Kevin Middendorf, 43, address given as streets of Salisbury was charged Dec. 20 with felony burning or attempt to burn property, a vacant storage building in the 300 block of North Depot Street.
He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 21 first appearance in court.
In other Police Department reports:
* Lorenzo Troutman Jr. reported someone passed a counterfeit $10 bill to him as he drove his cab the night of Dec. 19.
* Walter D. Goodman, 1109 Tower Drive, reported a two-wheel deer cart was stolen from his yard between Dec. 17 and 20.
* A juvenile was charged Dec. 20 with larceny at Rowan County Youth Services, 318 N. Main St.
* A 16-year-old boy was robbed of $67 as he walked in the 300 block of South Shaver Street at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 20.
* Jose Hernan Tejada reported his cell phone was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., between Dec. 11 and 20.
* David Ryan Wood, 19, 450 Auction Drive, was charged Dec. 20 with felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle and misdemeanor larceny. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Dec. 21 first appearance in court.
* Eric Lamont Kerns reported a burglar broke into a 917 S. Main St. business through the front window Dec. 19.
* Curtis Anthony Presnell reported someone “keyed” the hood of his vehicle while it was parked at Salisbury High School, 500 Lincolnton Road, Dec. 19.
* Donald Wilhelm reported someone tried to use at least one of his personal checks fraudulently Dec. 19 at F&M Bank, 102 S. Avalon Drive.
* Mary Everhart reported a Dec. 21 vandalism at 631 Bringle Ferry Road.
* A counterfeit $10 bill was seized Dec. 21 at Kangaroo Express, 2270 Statesville Blvd.
* Michael Uriah Reep reported a revolver was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Rowan Regional Medical Center, 612 Mocksville Ave., Dec. 21.
* A 22-year-old man was shot in the left thigh Dec. 21 at 701 W. Monroe St.
* A 43-year-old man reported he was assaulted Dec. 22 at 615 E. Liberty St.
* Jenna Mae Skeen, 22, was charged Dec. 20 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 1599 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
Woman faces multiple drug charges
Amanda LeAnn Lambert, 30, 219A Wiley Ave., was charged Dec. 20 with conspiring to traffic in opium/heroin, manufacturing, selling, delivering a controlled substance at a child care center, possession with intent to sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, selling/delivering a Schedule II controlled substance, conspiring to sell/deliver a Schedule II controlled substance and two counts of trafficking in opium/heroin, all felonies.
She was held under $30,000 secured bond pending the next term of Rowan Superior Court.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Everett Coleman Deal of Concord reported furniture valued at $2,850 stolen from 6715 W. N.C. 152, Mooresville, during a Dec. 19 burglary.
* Dwight Richard Overman, 5670 U.S. 601, reported a $600 mini-bike stolen from a shed on his property between Dec. 16 and 18.
* Lydia Mary Kay Galloway, 440 Memory Lane, reported makeup and cigarettes stolen during a Dec. 19 break-in at her home.
* Thomas Adams Christian, 29, 1131 Meadow Creek Drive, China Grove, was charged Dec. 19 with second-degree trespassing and communicating threats based on a complaint by Reneda Faith Atwell, 17035 Oakbreeze Court. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 25.
* Harvey Claymont Hurlocker, 33, 219A Wiley Ave., was charged Dec. 20 with three counts of felony obtaining property by false pretense. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 21 first appearance in court.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post A man who served 16 years on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners admits he... read more