Water and sewer construction to top China Grove agenda tonight
CHINA GROVE — Town officials will swear in a full-time fire chief and deal with several issues related to water and sewer construction at a meeting tonight.
Mayor Don Bringle is scheduled to given the oath of office to Jeff Gledhill as fire chief.
Gledhill has been serving as the interim chief for the past few months. He was selected as chief through a search process.
The Board of Aldermen has several items of business scheduled for discussion or action. These include:
* Adoption of zoning maps with updates from Lindsey Hobbs, planner;
* An update on the 2007 edition of Farmers Day from Lee Withers;
* Requests from Jimmie Higgins, chairman of the Park Advisory Board;
* Request from the South Rowan High School Junior ROTC for a donation;
* Consideration of a resolution related to the Interstate 85 sewer project;
* Approval of engineering services for Patterson Street and Stirewalt Street waterline construction;
* Consideration of a grant application for stormwater.
The board is also scheduled to hold a closed session to discuss a contract.
The Board of Aldermen meets at 7 tonight at the Municipal Building, 205 Swink St.