Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
– Alzheimer’s Family Support Group, 4 p.m. first Mondays, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center. Information, 1-800-888-6671 or 704-633-7862.
– ARC Family Support Group for families with members with developmental disabilities, 7 p.m. third Thursdays, RHA Salisbury Vocational Center, 129 W. Corriher Ave. Information, 704-637-1521.
– Arthritis Support Group, 1:30-2:30 p.m. fourth Mondays, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Boundary St. Range of motion exercises and refreshments. April 28 program, Cathy Ryerson on Helpful Hints when dealing with arthritis. Information, 704-636-9830 or 704-637-3681.
– Autism Society of North Carolina, Rowan chapter, Partners in Learning Child Development Center at Catawba College. Call 704-638-9020 for dates and times of meetings.
– Autism Support Group, 6:30 p.m. first Thursdays, Medical Arts Building classrooms, Carolinas Medical CenteróNorthEast, 920 Church St. North, Concord. To support caregivers of children with autism and neuropsychiatric conditions, provide vital infomration and practical recommendations. Information, 704-403-2660 or www.northeastpedsneuro.org.
– Caring Friends Grief Support Group for parents who have lost infants. Meets on an as-needed basis. Information, 704-636-7803 or 704-279-6279.
– Cardiac Support Group, 7 p.m. third Tuesdays in February, June and October, Cardiac Rehabilitation Wellness Center, second floor Kiser Medical Building, Rowan Regional Medical Center. Information, 704-210-5412.
– Celebrate Recovery, a Christ-centered 12-step program for hurts, habits and hangups, such as alcoholism, divorce, sexual abuse, co-dependency, domestic violence and drug, sexual, food and gambling addictions, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Trading Ford Baptist Church fellowship building, 3600 Long Ferry Road. Information, 704-637-7523 or 704-633-5986.
– Circle of Hope support group for parents grieving the loss of a child, 7-8:30 p.m. second Thursdays, Ramsay Building, 327 W. Innes St. Information, Lori Yang, 704-630-0319.
– Cocaine Anonymous, 6 p.m. Sundays, Salisbury VA Medical Center, Building 4, second floor. Information, 704-638-9000, extension 3186 or 3188.
– Diabetes Support Group, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. first Tuesdays, Education Resource Center, fourth floor in Rowan Regional Medical Center’s patient tower. Offers programs to provide support and education for people with diabetes and their families. Information, 704-210-5771.
– Divorce Care Support Group for individuals facing anger, depression and loneliness. Video sessions and discussion, 6:30 p.m. Monday, First Baptist Church, 223 N. Fulton St. Information, 704-633-0431.
– DivorceCare divorce recovery seminar and support group, 7 p.m. Thursdays, New Hope Presbyterian Church, 602 Stevens St., China Grove. Information, 704-857-3211
– Domestic Violence Support Group for women 18 and older who are or have been in abusive relationships, 4 p.m. Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Room 213, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Childcare provided. Information, 704-636-4718.
– Fibromyalgia Support Group, 6-7 p.m. Sept. 30 and Nov. 18, Salisbury Civic Center, 315 S. Boundary St. Information, 704-638-2139.
– First Baptist Church support groups:
DivorceCare, helps you to face challenges and move toward rebuilding your life after separation and divorce, 6:30 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Facilitators, Wayne and Anganetta Dover
Cost, $13 for participant book.
DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K), a biblically based, Christ-centered ministry designed to bring healing to children ages 5-12 who are struggling with the hurt and pain of divorce and separation, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Cost, $13 for workbook.
GriefShare, your journey from mourning to joy, weekly seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Facilitator, Brenda Wheeler. Cost, $13 for participant book.
Hurts, Habits and Hang Ups: Celebrate Recovery, open to individuals with addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behavior and their loved ones, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Facilitators, Brian Nix. Cost, $13 for participant book.
Family to Family, 12-week NAMI Family to Family Educational course/support group for families of individuals with mental illness (severe brain disorders), 6:30-8 p.m. Thursdays Feb. 7-May 1. Facilitator, David Bullins, certified NAMI “Family to Family” instructor. No cost.
First Place: Renewing Hope, helps participants get back on track toward their goals and find energy for the daily challenges, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays Feb. 12-April 29. Facilitator, Charlotte Corriher. Cost, $12 for workbook.
– Foster Adoptive Families, Rowan Support Group, 7 p.m. fourth Mondays, Children’s Services, 165 Mahaley Avenue. Information, Carla Mallinson, 704-797-5096.
– God’s Special Angels support group for families with children with Down Syndrome, 6:30 p.m. first Wednesdays, Partners in Learning Center, Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St. Information, 704-639-0406 or 704-639-1565.
– Grief/Share Recovery Seminar and Support Group, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. every other Thursday, West A Street Church of God, 2211 W. A St., Kannapolis. Information, 704-932-9253 or 704-932-5151.
– HERO Support Group for children ages 5-12 who have witnessed domestic violence, 4 p.m. Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, Room 214, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– Incest/Rape Survivors Support Group, 5:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursdays, Room 213, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– John Miller Colon Cancer Support Group, 7 p.m. third Tuesdays, St. John’s Lutheran Church Library. Information, Eva White, 704-212-2362.
– Living in Pink, support and education group for people with breast cancer and survivors of breast cancer, 6 p.m. first Wednesdays, second floor conference room in Rowan Regional Medical Center’s Patient Tower. Information, 704-210-6870.
– Salisbury Lupus Support Group, 1:30 p.m. third Wednesdays, J.F. Hurley YMCA. Information, Joyce Morris, 704-638-0401.
– Men Dealing With Anger for males over age 18 struggling with anger, communication and stress in relationships, 8 p.m. second and fourth Mondays, Room 123, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– National Alliance on Mental Illness for families, friends and consumers of mental health services, 7 p.m. first and third Tuesdays, Community Room, Rowan Health Services, 1811 E. Innes St. Information, 704-647-0168 or 1-336-284-2964.
– Multiple Sclerosis Self Help Group, 7 p.m. second Mondays, First United Methodist Church, China Grove. Information, Shelley DiDonato, 704-232-7386.
– NarAnon, Mondays and Wednesdays, noon-1 p.m., Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 1908 Statesville Blvd.; Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m., and Saturdays at 7 p.m., St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St. Information, 704-637-5108 or 704-234-5413.
– Narconon, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping those with drug addictions provides addiction help through consultation 8 a.m.-8 p.m. seven days a week. For help, call 1-800-556-8885.
– Narcotics Anonymous:
Sunday: 6:30 p.m., Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.
Monday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7:30 p.m. Happy Joyous & Free, First United Methodist Church, 209 E. Mill St., Landis, open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking.
Tuesday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; noon, Embracing Reality, Metro Worship Center, 310 Brookdale St., Kannapolis, open discussion, nonsmoking, basic text study, wheelchair accessible; 6:30 p.m. Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., closed discussion, literature study, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground; 7:30 p.m. Free to Live, New Hope Lutheran Church, 1615 Brantley Road, Kannapolis, open discussion, basic text study, nonsmoking.
Wednesday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7 p.m. Omega Group, Moore’s Chapel, Monroe and Partee streets, open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking.
Thursday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; Noon, Embracing Reality, Metro Worship Center, 310 Brookdale St., Kannapolis, open discussion, nonsmoking, basic test study, wheelchair accessible; 7:30 p.m. Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., closed discussion, literature study, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground.
Friday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7 p.m. Omega Group, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 901 S. Church St., open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking; 8 p.m., Free to Live, New Hope Lutheran Church, 1615 Brantley Road, Kannapolis, open discussion, candlelight, nonsmoking.
Saturday: 7:30 p.m., Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., open discussion, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground.
Narcotics Anonymous Helplines, 704-639-8010, 1-800-428-4236, 1-800-876-5985 or 1-800-650-3615.
– Our Inspirations, multiple sclerosis self-help group for those newly diagnosed or with mild symptoms, 6:30 p.m. first Monday, First United Methodist Church, 110 Church St., China Grove. Information, 704-279-7129 or 704-857-9713, extension 21.
– Overcomers in Christ, Jericho Outreach addiction recovery program, 7 p.m. Mondays, Grace Bible Church Family Life Center, 6725 E. N.C. 152, Rockwell. Information, 704-279-6820 or Overcomersinchrist@yahoo.com. Also, 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Rockwell Public Library basement. Information, 704-213-6712.
– Overeaters Anonymous, 12-step program for those with a problem with food, yo-yo dieting, bingeing and compulsive overeating, 7-8 p.m. Thursdays, St. Therese Church, Mooresville. Information, 704-658-1179 or 704-319-1625 for other area meetings.
– Parent-to-Parent Support for parents of children with disabilities, chronic illnesses, emotional or behavioral challenges and parents of premature infants, through Family Support Network of Southern Piedmont, call 1-800-650-6526 or 704- 788-1616.
– PFLAG (Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbians and Gays) Support Group, Salisbury/ Rowan chapter, 10 a.m. second Saturdays, Haven Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 207 W.Harrison St. Information, 704-213-0181 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Recovery Anonymous for anyone affected by the disease of chemical dependency, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Sundays, Suite 211, Kent Building, 909 S. Main St. Information, 704-637-0052.
– Rowan Epilepsy Support Group, 7 p.m. second Thursdays, First United Methodist Church media room, 217 S. Church St. Information, Carole Young, 704-639-0847or email@example.com or toll-free line to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, 1-800-642-0500.
– Rowan Parkinson’s Support Group, 1 p.m., first Tuesdays, First Presbyterian Church Education Building, Fisher Street. Information, Peggy Wilson, 704-633-3181.
– Rowan Regional Home Health & Hospice Grief Support Group, day and evening support groups available. Information, 704-637-7645.
– Salisbury Mothers of Multiples Support Group for families of twins, triplets and more, 6:30 p.m. third Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, North Church Street. Information, Suzannah Callahan at 704-647-0445.
– Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children Through Death, 5:30 p.m. Sundays through Nov. 14, Kannapolis First Baptist Church, 101 N. Main St., Kannapolis. Information, 704-938-4697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Surviving Stroke Support Group, 6:15 p.m. first Thursdays in March, June, September and December, Diagnostic Imaging and Physical Rehabilitation Center, Division of Rowan Regional Medical Center, 514 Corporate Circle. Information, 704-210-6918.
– Survivors of Suicide Support Group, 6:30 p.m. biweekly Mondays, St. Marks Lutheran Church, N.C. 150. Information, Renee Moore, 704-857-5193 or email@example.com. Call if you plan to attend.
– TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), 9-11 a.m. Mondays, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center; 6:15-7:15 p.m. Mondays, Salisbury Mall Police Room, weigh-in 5:30-6:15 p.m. Information, 704-637-9371 or 704-633-1253; 6-7 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen room, Carillon Assisted Living, 1915 Mooresville Road, weigh-in 5:30-6 p.m., Leader Maggie Musselwhite, 704-754-6158; 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, basement of East Branch of Rowan Public Library,
Rockwell, weigh-in 6 p.m., membership open, $20 annual cost, visitors welcome, Leader Vickey Everhart, 704-279-5260.
– US TOO! Prostate Support Group, 6 p.m. third Thursdays, Rowan Regional Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, second floor in Kiser Medical Building. Information, 704-639-0942.