Sheriff's blotter: Woman fears neighbor hacked computer
A Kannapolis woman suspects a neighbor of hacking into her home computer’s router June 26 and then accessing the computer’s hard drive, according to a Rowan County Sheriff’s Office report.
A report summary did not indicate if if the suspect had obtained information from the computer.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Jeffrey Harold Smith, 45, was charged June 26 with possession of a schedule V controlled substance at 1750 Rollingwood Drive, Kannapolis.
– Brian Wesley Kepley of Salisbury reported June 26 that his car had been missing from the Bull Hole area at 4169 Hurley School Road since June 19.
– Kacy Alexandra Burney, 20, was charged June 26 with breaking and entering a motor vehicle. She is accused of removing items valued at $625 from Autumn Yost’s vehicle while it was parked in the driveway at 333 Ferrell Lane June 26.
– Jeremy Joseph Youker, 145 Cherokee Lane, reported items valued at $366 were stolen during a June 26 break-in at his home.
– Jennifer Lynn Phillips reported her and her grandmother’s mailboxes were destroyed by vandals June 26. The boxes were at 18010 and 17980 Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill.
– Bryan Shonsell Solomon, 31, was charged June 26 with obstructing a public officer and possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a schedule VI controlled substance at 416 E. Main St., Cleveland.
– Brian Scott Nelson, 35, was charged June 26 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Trisha Marie Nelson, 354 Messick Farm Road, Woodleaf. Trisha Nelson was charged June 27 with simple assault.
– Vaughn Lyerly reported a burglar tried to break into 807 Julian Road between June 21 and 26.
– Erica Brittney Goodman, 23, was charged June 26 with felony breaking and entering motor vehicles at the Kannapolis Police Department.
– Tim Lee Nooner reported six checks were stolen between June 18 and 26 from On Track Auto Sales, 4235 S. Main St.
– Misty Marane Gaines, 250 Large Ave., Rockwell, reported vandals broke a window at her home June 26. Damage totaled $50.
– Pamela S. Artz, 290 Wal Hollow Lane, Mooresville, reported the catalytic converter was stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at her home between June 21 and 26. Total loss was $300.
– Ramona Lee Norman, 380 L.M. Overcash Road, Rockwell, reported computer equipment valued at $800 was stolen during a June 26 burglary at her home.
– John Alfis, 59, was charged June 26 with misdemeanor larceny.
– Robert Roger Cunningham, 37, was charged June 26 with using a telephone to threaten bodily harm.
– Kristie Lynn Boger, 34, was charged June 26 with disorderly conduct at 2613 McGill St., Kannapolis.
– Jo Anne Sullivan, 40, was charged June 26 with communicating threats.
– Sherry R. Stone, 149 Organ Trail, reported she was assaulted June 21 at her home.
– Kevin Lamont Hayes, 31, was charged June 27 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance at 825 Dunns Mountain Road.
– Wesley Allen Lane, 580 Daves Drive, reported the theft of a $1,200 go-cart from his property the night of June 26.
– Janice Kay Woody, 172 Settlers Grove Lane, reported $400 worth of items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of June 26.
– Wille Mae Suthpin, 1175 Geter Road, Woodleaf, reported two white gold rings valued at $203 stolen from her home between June 22 and 25.
– James William Cowan, 49, and Garrett Lynn Myers, 24, were charged June 27 with assaulting each other at 740 Harris Road.
Teen faces financial card theft, fraud charges
Crystal Celeste Ellis, 19, 315 Ashbrook Road, No. 15, was charged June 27 with felony financial transaction card theft and six counts of felony obtaining property by false pretense at 1953 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. She was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
– Robert Edward Boone, 61, 413 S. Hudson St., Spencer, was charged June 28 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer following a traffic stop. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an Aug. 7 trial date.
– Shamonique Council, 30, 410 W. 15th St., was charged June 28 with a compulsory school attendance law violation at Overton Elementary School. Trial date is July 29.
– Charles Henry Hayes, 53, 916 N. Fulton St., was charged June 28 with being a fugitive from justice in Norfolk, Va. He was held under $250,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.