Sheriff's Blotter: Vehicle parts stolen
Vehicle parts valued at more than $3,000 were stolen from a rental/commercial storage area at 2570 Leonard Road, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Joe Schumaker of Grape Valley, N.Y., reported the theft of four transmissions, two of them with transfer cases, two catalytic converters and various tools occurred between July 4 and 9.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Eunice Karriker Holt, 2460 Mount Hope Church Road, reported vandals caused $50 damage to her mailbox the night of July 8.
– Stanley Wayne Peeler Jr. of Salisbury reported his 1997 Toyota Celica, valued at $4,000, was stolen from a parking lot at 9020 Stokes Ferry Road, Gold Hill, the night of July 8.
– Laura M. Loflin of Salisbury reported items valued at $100 were stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in a parking lot at 6800 Bringle Ferry Road July 9.
– Vicki Lynn Honeycutt, 27, was charged July 9 with breaking an entering, injury to real property and resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer. She is accused of breaking into Bret Stirling Lindabury’s home at 670 Kepley Road, causing $600 damage.
– Daniel Gaither Sechler, 2925 Daugherty Road, China Grove, reported vandals caused $11 damage to his mailbox the night of July 8.
– Donald Ray Crisco, 44, was charged July 9 with assault with a deadly weapon.
– Jason Scott Thomas, 29, was charged July 9 with second-degree trespassing at 1617 N. Main St.
– Stevie Linn Torrence, 49, was charged July 9 with being a habitual felon.
– Thomas Dax Llewellyn, 21, was charged July 10 with felony first-degree burglary. He is accused of breaking into Ian Tyson Guthrie’s 375 Collins Road, China Grove, home and stealing four guitars and a gun valued at $650. The items were recovered
– A 26-year-old man reported he was assaulted July 10 at 222 Union Heights Blvd.
– A burglar broke into the office building at Rowan Granite Quarry, 3025 Artz Road, July 7 or 8.
– A 13-year-old girl reported she was assaulted June 6 at Southeast Middle School, 1570 Peeler Road.
– Harold Grim Belk, 5110 Stokes Ferry Road, reported $900 worth of vehicle parts stolen from his home between June 27 and July 7.
– Charles Edward Messer Jr., 325 Archer Road, reported a $500 television stolen during a July 10 burglary at his home.
– Julethia Annette Hawthorn of Rockwell reported her check card stolen and then used July 9 and 10.
– Lauren Marie Jackson, 19, was charged July 10 with making harassing telephone calls at 4355 Long Ferry Road.
– Bennie Jack Warner, 1170 Lentz Road, China Grove, reported items valued at $1,438 stolen after someone broke into his storage building the night of July 10.
– Lentz T. Bates, 760 Oak Mountain Road, reported automobile accessories valued at $21,135 stolen July 10 from his property.
– George Maguire Erwine III, 4915 U.S. 601, reported a tool box and tools valued at $5,000 were stolen from his property between July 3 and 11.
– Barry Matthew Trexler, 39, was charged July 11 with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building. He is accused of breaking into the 110 Rockwood Drive home of Maria Williams while she was out of town.
– Timothy Howard Brown reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked in his driveway between July 3 and 11.
– Johna L. Galloway, 5150 E. N.C. 152, Rockwell, reported jewelry and guns valued at $9,150 were stolen during a burglary at her home the night of July 11.
– Jeffrey Winfrey Kluttz of Rockwell reported items valued at $270 stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 150 Delinda Drive, Rockwell, July 12.
– James P. Myers of Salisbury reported a burglar broke into a vacant house he owns at 626 Wyatt Grove Church Road, Gold Hill, between July 28 and July 12 and stole a freezer and refrigerator. Total loss was $400.
– Holly Elaine Shuping, 415 Red Rose Lane, Mooresville, reported cash, a pearl necklace and prescription medication stolen from her home July 12. Total loss was $1,138.
– Vandals broke a window in an M&D Jordan Plumbing work van parked at an employee’s 150 Lemly Road home. Damage totaled $300.
– Velna Swicegood Morgan of North Myrtle Beach, reported a clothes dryer stolen during a burglary at a home she owns at 2630 Enon Church Road. The theft occurred between Sept. 25, 2007, and July 12. Total loss was $650.
– Jerry Lee Sleeth, 137 Odom Drive, reported items valued at $600 stolen from a storage tent in his back yard between July 7 and 11. Items valued at $255 were recovered.
– Sherry Darlene Harris, 1195 Burchette Drive, Rockwell, reported car keys and prescription medication stolen from her pocketbook at her home the night of July 11. Total loss was $57.
– Teresa Diann Burkett, 708 S. Deal St., Landis, reported a $500 catalytic converter was stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at her home between June 1 and July 12.
– Michael Dean Holshouser, 355 St. Peter’s Church Road, Gold Hill, reported someone stole 10 gallons of gasoline out of his vehicle while it was parked at his home July 12.
– Cassandra Cantey reported the July 12 theft of a motorcycle from the Mooresville Dragstrip.
– A 39-year-old male reported he had been assaulted July 12 at 221 Eden Drive.
– Randall Dale Carter, 16, was charged July 13 with underage consumption of alcohol at 2500 Earle St., Kannapolis.
– Alvin Lee Holland, 24, was charged July 13 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer following a vehicle stop on Barber Junction Road at Old U.S. 70.
– Julethia Annette Hawthorn reported July 10 that she had been the victim of a credit card fraud at five different places on the same day.
– Kreiser Ann French, 380 Coley Road, reported the catalytic converter was cut off her vehicle while it was parked at her home between July 7 and 11. Total loss was $250.
– Nicolas Veshawn Woods of Statesville reported the N.C. registration plate was stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at the Mooresville Dragway, 1255 Wilkinson Road, Mooresville, the night of July 12.
– Donnie Ray Mabe of China Grove, reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 9120 Bringle Ferry Road July 12.
– Tammy Byars Jordan, 1220 Daugherty Road, China Grove, reported tools valued at $2,243 were stolen from her garage the night of July 12.
– Michael Scribner Erb, 150 Larkscroft Drive, reported fishing equipment valued at $3,095 was stolen the night of July 12 from his boat parked in an open air boat house.
– Amber Dawn Stanford, 3135 Statesville Blvd., reported her 2005 Kia Amonti stolen from her property July 4 or 5. The vehicle is valued at $10,000.
– Ada Charleston Patterson, 61, was charged July 11 with injury to personal property at 215 Charleston Lane, Granite Quarry.
– Timothy Corderius Sims, 22, was charged July 11 with using a telephone to threaten bodily harm at 517 E. Hall St., East Spencer.
– Henry Andrew Bintliff, 56, was charged July 11 with violating a domestic violence protective order.
– Susan Annette Rakes, 35, was charged July 11 with misdemeanor larceny.
– Corie Leazer, 17, was charged July 12 with simple assault at 865 Wilkerson Road, Mooresville.
– Christopher Taylor Morris, 28, was charged July 13 with simple assault at 224 Corriher Heights Drive, China Grove.
– Chad Lee Pope, 37, was charged July 13 with felony identity theft.
– Steven Drew Laturno, 20, was charged July 13 with common law robbery at 224 Corriher Heights Drive, China Grove.